Original topic:

Samsung RS20 series Refrigerator Control Panel issue

(Topic created on: 07-12-2020 03:40 AM)
chnolan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Hi,

My Samsung RS20CRPS5 Side-by-side fridge has lately developed a strange issue. I have been happily using it for over a decade, but lately, the buttons for adjusting temperature do not work. Even if you press them hard, nothing happens.

At the same time, temperature of the fridge side changes automatically without any manual input with audible beep (same as if someone changes temp manually). The worrying part is, that this auto-changing of temp can continue for hours at end.

Nothing I do helps the situation. Its like the fridge has mind of its own. I tried shutting down the fridge for a while, wiped the condensation off the control panel, and tried lightly tapped the control panel, but nothing helps.

I usually keep the fridge side temp at 4 degrees celcius. But now it automatically takes the temperature down as low as 2 degrees.

There has been no issue with the cooling, but this auto-changing of temperature for sustained periods cannot be healthy for the motor.

What could be the issue? Could it be loose or deteriorated wiring? Due to covid, my society has restricted entry of outside persons, so I cannot have a servicing person have a look at it. Is there anything I can do? Its out of warranty anyway.

1 Comment
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly raise your concern under the Ask Question section from Samsung Member Application with more details, so that we can help you out with this.
Samsung Member Application > click on get help > send feedback > Ask Question.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes