Original topic:

MyBP Lab - An AI Based Blood Pressure Monitoring Tool

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 03:08 PM)
Foxhound
Options
Others

Fitness apps like Samsung Health, and the health sensors on your phone are there to keep you healthy. But there is an app called as My BP Lab which can monitor your blood pressure level and stress level.
The My BP Lab app records your stress level, blood pressure, and other factors, then sends the records to researchers at Sage Bioworks. In their study, they will analyze users’ data, so they can identify important triggers of stress. 

My BP Labs will only be available for certain phones. Some phones can track your blood pressure using their sensors, while others need to be connected to a Galaxy Watch Active or Galaxy Watch Active2. 

Phones that can use their optical sensors:
  • Galaxy S9 series
  • Galaxy S10 series
  • Galaxy Note 9 series
Phone that need Galaxy Watch or Galaxy Watch Active 2
  • Note 10 series
  • S20 series
Please Note: My BP Lab is not intended as a medical device or for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. It is to be used only as a reference.

To start using My BP Lab you need to register an account and complete the survey avout your health. The readings are a combination of algorithm and artificial intelligence so make sure that you fill it properly

Using My BP lab with your Phone's Sensor.

Once you've registered for the study, you can set up your phone to take your blood pressure readings!

Ps. At the beginning ou need a reference reading which you can take via a Blood pressure machine

• In the My BP Lab apps, tap Get started
  • Then tap Don’t have a blood pressure cuff.
  • Tap Next, and then tap Use phone sensor. 
  • Then, follow the on-screen instructions to measure your blood pressure. 
  • When it’s finished, tap Done and review the information. 
  • After you’ve done the initial setup, you’ll be able to access My BP Lab’s features, such taking your blood pressure, filling out surveys, and viewing other insights.

Use My BP watch with your Galaxy Watch Active.

• Remember, make sure your watch is connected to your phone. 
  • Once you've registered for the study, open the My BP Lab app on your phone. 
  • Tap Get started, and then tap Set up your watch. You will be redirected to the watch version of the app in the Galaxy Store. 
  • Tap Install, and then tap Allow and download to install the app on your watch. 
  • Tap Open - then tap the checkmark on the watch. Make sure the watch is fitted properly on your wrist, and then tap CALIBRATE. Stay still as the watch measures your blood pressure. When it's finished, tap Done
Note that My BP lab is not officially available in India but you can download it from the following link.

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others

as i know there are only three compatible devices in present s9,s9plus, note 9 and s10 and s10 plus 

rest all the devices don't have heart rate sensors to perform this action 

Others
yes rest have to use their galaxy watch active if they have
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Others
S8 also has heart rate sensor.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others

but sensor is not capable for  that talking about s8 and note 8 devices 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others

so in my opinion note 10 users and s20 users won't find this useful as lack of heart rate sensor moreover this isn't accurate  

Aashish
Expert Level 4
Others
Accuracy is not the point...lol. This is for Convenience.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others

agree but most of dont have active or watch in here and most of them don't care according to me 90 percent don't have the watch here difference might differ according to me 

0 Likes