Original topic:

Meet Dynamic AMOLED!

(Topic created on: 05-20-2020 06:14 PM)
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Options
Others
What is Dynamic AMOLED? 

It is the latest innovation in screen technology by Samsung, in true sense it is a display panel capable of HDR10+.

Heard about Blue Light Filters?

How does blue light affect us?

It also reduced blue light emission by the display, which results in a better quality of sleep.

This tech is found in phones like S10, Note 10, Galaxy Flip, Galaxy Fold, S20 Series.

What about HDR10+ ?

HDR vs SDR

It is similar to normal HDR, but the Metadata is Dynamic. This means that HDR was limited to a fixed brightness level when it needed to be high (no matter what the scene may be, this was set by metadata at the start of the movie/video), whereas HDR10+ could have a frame to frame differing brightness and by the virtue of that a better Dynamic Range.
Also, HDR10+ is a trademark of Samsung, It is a direct competitor to Dolby Vision but is royalty free unlike it's competitor.

SDR vs HDR

Sources- Samsung
                 Reliance Digital
                 cNet
16 Comments
Others
Thanks for sharing the information.
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Others
I have seen S10 has way better screen than my S9+, looks more gorgeous and yeah it filters the bluelight. That's a real plus for everyone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
HDR phones me Gimmick hai bas
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Sony,Asus,Samsung ke kuch Flagship phones,aur baki kuch phone he hai jo real HDR Displays hai
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
HDR ke leiye 1000nits ke brightness to chaiye he chaiye smartphone me normally 400nits ki milti hai uspe HDR bekar dikhta hai
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Others
But it can go higher for example S10 can go upto 1200+ nits when needed, also with AMOLED contrast ratio is very high due to it being able to display true blacks.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Others
Nice and informative post bro...

small suggestion bro

HDR 10 + is not a trademark for Samsung.

it's an open standard(developed be many companies), development of it involved Samsung and that's the reason it's royalty free.

dynamic Amoled is more like a marketing name... HDR10+ itself has that dynamic nature

nice to know✌️👍
iamSUHAIL
Active Level 5
Others
how can I check samsung student programm offers??
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Others
0 Likes