Original topic:

Issues with Samsung Q990B Soundbar - Unresponsvie after a few hours of usage and Alexa not working

(Topic created on: 11-10-2022 11:05 PM)
tahen
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others
I purchased this premium soundbar (on 30/09/2022) to accompany my LG OLED gallery TV (LG GX 65), but initial experience had been rough. It came with firmware version 1002, and I upgraded it to 1008, but same issues were there. 

I raised complaint with Samsung and for for two primary issues:
1. Soundbar getting unresponsive to Samsung remote or TV remote (via CEC) or Smartthings app after a few hours of usage. Power cycle required to make it work. (off/on)
2. Alexa worked only once and won't respond to hotword "Alexa" now, despite of being Alexa built in the soundbar. A complete reset and connecting soundbar to different WiFi network did make it work, but again only for once.

Scenario #1: 

Soundbar went unresponsive and became very slow. All of the presses were queued and executed after a long time and randomly. 
When the power button on the remote was pressed, "Bye" was displayed for half a minute, before it turned off.

Scenario #2:

Same issue of it being unresponsive and not responding to any of the remotes or Smartthings app. Nothing happened while I pressed remote buttons, just that screen lights up, but no command was taken like volume up/down or mute or sound mode, etc.
It responded to only one button on remote "power" and took a while to turn off. ("Bye" displayed for half a minute).

Scenario #3: 

In this scenario it became unresponsive and audio was also lost. Pressing volume buttons on the TV remote does nothing (volume icon up/down is there but soundbar has no audio). Pressing any button on the remote lights up the soundbars display but nothing happens. It only responded to the power button and "bye" was displayed for a long time.

31/10/2022

Samsung issues a replacement unit for the complete setup

07/11/2022

Replacement system was delivered and origianl system taken back. So, Samsung replaced the complete kit of soundbar/rear speakers/woofer and I am glad to admit that all the issues are resolved.

No unresponsiveness and Alexa is working flawlessly (even better than my LG TV's built in Alexa, which I have disabled now). In fact the whole system is more responsive now.

I checked the boxes and the earlier packaging box was imported in April 2022, while this one in Aug 2022. So probably there were hardware issues in the initial batch and Samsung rectified the issue in new iterations.

0 Likes
2 Comments
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Others
Even same kind of issues in my Q800B soundbar. It's date of packing shows September 2022. I bought last month only.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in https://www.samsung.com/in/support/email/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes