Original topic:

Galaxy book 2's mic isn't working

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 08:41 PM)
Pravat2
Active Level 1
Options
Kolkata
This issue was happened someday ago but then I restart my galaxy book2 and the issue was solved . But now it is not functioning. 
6 Comments
rahulsaran04
Active Level 5
Kolkata
When did you purchase it?
Pravat2
Active Level 1
Kolkata
Last year
rahulsaran04
Active Level 5
Kolkata
Mine is working good as of now. Check for all updates i.e; drives softwares etc. May be it will resolve the issue
0 Likes
Kolkata
Check for drivers under Device Manager.
Also check if any Windows update as well as Optional Update available, if yes try installing them first.

You can also try reinstalling Audio Drivers.
If nothing works, visit nearby service centre.
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Kolkata

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Whether you're using a built-in microphone or one that's connected externally, there are multiple volume controls and potential places where the microphone might be muted, so you'll need to check them all if your microphone isn't working.

1If you're using a headset, check if it has a physical button to mute the mic.: Some headsets come with a button to mute the microphone, overriding anything set on the computer. Make sure the headset is not muting its mic.

Unplug audio accessories: Unplug audio devices from the audio jacks, and remove any USB headphones or cameras. Some of these devices may also have microphones that are overriding the microphone you are trying to use.

Check the input settings: Right-click the Sound icon from the PC's taskbar and then click Sound Settings. Make sure the microphone is selected in the Input section.

Check the app permission: If the issue occurred after updating Windows, check that the app has permission to use the microphone.

Navigate to Settings, and then select Privacy or Privacy and Security. Select Microphone, and then confirm the app you are trying to use has permission to access the microphone.

Check the App settings: If the issue only occurs when using a certain app, check the app's settings.

Make sure the app you are trying to record with is adjusted correctly and that it's using the correct input device at the correct volume.

Reboot the device: There are several ways to do this. One way is to right-click the Start button, select Shut down or sign out, and then click Restart.

Try updating with Samsung Update: If Samsung Update is available on your model, it will be preinstalled and can be found in the Start menu. If it isn't installed, it can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

Try updating with Windows Updates: Navigate to Settings, select Update & Security or Windows Update, and then check for updates. If any optional updates say there are drivers, install them.

In case the issue still occurs, kindly reach out to the dedicated WhatsApp helpline ( 1800-5-7267864 Operations 24*7 ) they will guide you with the exact information regarding this.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Pravat2
Active Level 1
Kolkata
Today I received a hinge issue in galaxy book 2.
0 Likes