Original topic:

s20+ display issue at lower brightness setting

(Topic created on: 10-20-2020 10:50 PM)
Deepak_c
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I recently purchased s20+ and observed a kind of discoloration when the brightness is at the lowest setting. Is anyone facing this issue? Observed in grey colored areas only.. Other colors are perfect

18 Comments
Galaxy S
yes I also noticed it with my S9+
Deepak_c
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Oh is it. Am having an s9 as well.. But don't have this issue. Recently you observed this issue in your s9+?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
yes about 1 month ago.... but I don't always use at that brightness so it doesn't bother me
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Actually these issue related to colour at very low brightness in very dark room on dark background can be noticed in almost all OLED displays.
Only difference is how much is severity of issue, even 2 different phones of same model behave differently.
But do you really use phone in such situations?
That's big question.
Deepak_c
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup. I use. The first day itself I noticed the issue as I was not seeing the same in my S9
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Can you photo of both side by side ?
I feel this may also depend on the way UI elements are shown on 2 different phones.
I basically don't use phone is such conditions so doesn't bother me much.
0 Likes
Ankur14
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Even My S10 lite is having the same issue
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
S20+ has this problem. Return this phone if you can. I have been fighting over this with Samsung for over two months now20200811_031501_2619.jpg
0 Likes
Deepak_c
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I bought mine from flipkart. After requesting a replacement, the technician who came to inspect the issue rejected saying the device display is like this since its dynamic amoled and bcoz of its high refresh rate...
0 Likes