Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

incoming calls not showing numbers or contacts

(Topic created on: 03-25-2020 08:53 AM)
MeliG
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My S20 Ultra is not showing names of contacts for incoming calls but picks the contact names for outgoing calls. What could be the problem?
Resolved!
Siyanic
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm having the same issue with my A32 showing all incoming calls as unknown
Sticky21
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Im using Samsung galaxy A21s, the incoming calls are not show who is calling but instead it says unknown number
0 Likes
hle21
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
same phone. same issues. how do we resolve
0 Likes
Thabileko
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Anyone who has answers to these questions?
0 Likes
pearlpride
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I tend to have the same problem I tried this method it doesn't work
0 Likes
moozie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I also have the same problem
0 Likes
kheth
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Also have the same problem anyone who can help?
0 Likes
Samsung_pcQSjm1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi

I noticed that phone is not picking the contact name if contact phone number has international prefix like +971 

If number without the prefix it shows the name. 

Any idea what could be the issue?

0 Likes
Members_9BVcs5Q
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Anyone ever found an answer to this? My Samsung A21s same problem, whatsapp shows mostly numbers only. 

0 Likes
Potion09
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The reason the names doesn't show up and instead of just numbers is because you either did a factory reset or hard reset that wipe out all your saved contact on the phone instead of SIM. Or while you did phone setup after reset and didn't allow contact permission for your message/phone but this is unlike the case.

After i've update to the latest firmware the bluetooth starting to act strange and disconnection issues start to happen. I did a hard reset and now my call logs, messages and incoming calls are only shown numbers instead of names saved. Great job Samsung on your latest firmware bugs!!!

Well, here's the problem!!! Your contact list that saved on the phone are WIPE clean and the one on SIM card should be there.  If you did a backup to Samsung cloud, it can be retrieved by running a restored. If you didn't than you're SOL at this point.

Another issues are when connecting to your car blutooth and trying to call a person on the contact list it will show multiple listing with same contact/numbers to choose from. To fix this you need to go to your contact and select a contact >>> Storage location >>> unlink all >>> back to main contact listing and deleted the duplicate ones, make sure to delete ones on phone not SIM.

This is the worst OS I ever use.  So many menu and sub menu that reference back to the same thing to other menu.

0 Likes