Original topic:

Why Samsung flagship don't get proper updates?

(Topic created on: 10-30-2017 01:25 AM)
FlatTech
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm using Samsung from S4 right now I'm using S7 we got the Nought update but the icons and launcher were of Note 7 style. Thankfully there was an apk available for S8 style launcher so made it happen but the icons... Are still Note 7 style i mean why samsung can't give us S8 or Note 8 style icons & launcher? it feels like they gave an update but you are still behind and then J and all other series comes where they get the latest updated icons and all and the people who invested more gets old stuff. Comparing it with Apple they give 5 yrs of updates even the ip 5s gets ios 11 even if i compare it with Xiaomi i bough Mi 3 and i got their latest MIUI 9 and got all new features and all and that device had sd 820 so u know how old it is. I'm not asking for 5 yrs of updates but atleast the 2 Yrs you give give them proper.

http://www.youtube.com/FlatTech26
16 Comments
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same feeling dude. Hope Samsung will release one soon.
harshilpugalia
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Well it is call SDLC (Softwre Development Life Cycle). In whatever situation you may be in, it is just because you have a FLAGSHIP DEVICE.
You should have received Nougat update as soon as possible you did get it but before the launch of S8 (with Experience UI). All other devices that where scheduled to get the update after the launch of S8 were to receive the new UI as it won't be feasible to receive work on two UI at the same time economically and technically while maintaining such a huge Galaxy Ecosystem.
Doing so may have cost them some more money but would have resulted in technological disasters due to inconsistency between the 2 UI. As the new UI was a major turnover it was next to impossible even to try it.
But why didn't the s7/s6 series get the UI earlier?
Because it was a combined launch of S8 it's display and it's UI and launching the UI before hand would have made s8 a lesser showstopper and this is something no company would want.

But eventually as you people have the flagship devices they will be the first one (after N/S 😎 to get the Oreo 8.0 update and most probably by end of Jan 2018 or by Feb 18 for SURE 👍)!
So have patience and enjoy and I will be posting more about Samsung device and use the maximum out of them so everyone could realise the power Samsung packs in their devices so just lookout for my post (here and twitter).

Note: Samsung by no means pays me for this😉
ashishsingh
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Very well said
Drago
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
fuck you Samsung
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your feedback. Sir, Samsung offers you the best value on the product released. Updates are rolling out by time to time for the devices, However it totally depends on the availability and compatibility of the update with the devices.
0 Likes
FlatTech
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Is Exynoss 8890 not compatible to handle the new launcher & icons?
0 Likes
alamqureshi3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
He said very well and they are they are saying that its a flagship phones. ghante ka flagship
ChakhnaChor
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Because of the heavily skinned Android version they provide us.
0 Likes
FlatTech
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Even MIUI is heavily skinned still i received their latest MIUI 9 on Mi 3 which was launched at 2013.
0 Likes