Original topic:

(Verified) S8/note8 Oreo Update! Date and FAQ!

(Topic created on: 01-19-2018 07:09 PM)
Batman07
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
As most of you are asking the same question over and over again, which is the time frame of the oreo update of your respective Galaxy device, I decided to write this in hopes of answering all of your questions, so please read till the end and comment if you still have have inquiries. And like it to put it at the top of the community for everyone to see.
The oreo update for the S8/note8 will roll out soon, as soon as the end of this month or the first week of Feb, it has been confirmed by Samsung, as the beta has already ended.
Predicting from previous update releases, the Oreo Update will be 1-2weeks late in the South-East Asian region. So we should be expecting the update in Mid-Feb(slight chance I am wrong)! the update will be 1.5GB+ and it will add a ton of new features, There will be no noticeable UI changes but most importantly the background processes will be more efficient and smooth.
The Note 8 will get it a week later after the S8, because of the additional S-pen features and such.
Other S-series and Note-series from 2015 and onwards will get it around april-may, 2-3 months after the S8.
All other Galaxy devices which are scheduled for the Oreo update will get it a further 2-3months later of the april-may time span for the Galaxy S6 and onwards. [This has not been officially confirmed but is easily deduced from previous update releases of newer version of Androids, (A lot of websites are stating this very deduction)]
Hope this has answered all your questions and now you can have a Nougat peacefully without the raging questions you had, to bid it farewell really soon.
PS. - Do not install the oreo beta version atm, this is literally the worst time to do that, you might lose data and have other major issues. Just wait for the official stable Update coming soon.
Also side note(not the phone) - The S9 is slated to be coming with android 8.1 oreo out of the box. So S8/note8 will get 8.1, 1 or more months after the release of the S9.
Peace Out!
MiraclePanda
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
No one asked you to believe this post , try to appreciate your fellow member who tries to help the community
Batman07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Astro, thanks for the support!
mengal515, I never asked u to believe me, as clearly stated in the post, all the updates are based on previous update schedules, except for the S8 and note8, which are confirmed by Samsung. Google it if u want. Sites like Samobile, Android Authority, The Verge, etc should confirm my info!
SandeepPatil
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Ok, Thanks for ur suggestion
Batman07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Happy to help!
s339944
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
great
Batman07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Glad u liked it!
spacefanboy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Just what the community needed. People are spamming and clouding the Samsung Members platform by asking same questions..
Batman07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Glad u found this usefull!
0 Likes
s01gautam
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.application.onead&hl=en Your friend has invited you to try OneAD app. OneAD is Refer and Earn + Shop and Save mobile app. Install this free app become a member and earn up to 2.5 Lakh Rs per month. Your referral code for registration is reffer code -"M1EQFP"
0 Likes
lablu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
gr8