Original topic:

Using any camera based application overheating issue

(Topic created on: 06-30-2021 09:09 PM)
Leon1902
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
As some people here said something about heating issue while using google duo, so I tested that problem on my phone and it is somewhat true. Let me explain I use snapchat, Instagram Whatsapp and Google Duo for video calling and after you guys mentioned the issue since then I started to notice the problem. I recorded 4K 60 FPS video for testing
Here are my conclusions.
1. While using the camera sensor the phone back can reach upto 47°C 
2. In samsung defense, my city temperature is around 41°C and with direct sunlight on the metal frame it can feel like a frying stove and no matter how much you underclock SOC it would just not work.
3. Now I also tested the issue in ambient temperature of 30°C with the my ceiling fan on for adequate air flow, as expected the temperature was a lot better, the highest temperature was 43°C and most of the time it was at 41°C and 42°C and I also checked the CPU die temperature and that was at 44°C and after the recording it got to 50°C and I think it is fine..
tell me guys what you think about this. 
7 Comments
subha1111
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I will try solve your problem. Pls keep be patient
Salvationbd
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
With the June update the heating issue seems to be reduced to a satisfactory level.
Leon1902
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes all the random temperature Hotspot are gone as long as you are not in 40°C environment. My device never exceeds 42°C even while playing PUBG at HDR and Ultra and frames are consistent around 39-40 frames and I would call that a win
innocentone
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes same here. Just battery backup issues still exists.
0 Likes
Leon1902
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
My battery time has been fine, I have been getting 5 hours+ of screen on time while using Instagram,Whatsapp, youtube and snapchat and I have been using my phone on 120 Hz mode. It really depends on the environment as higher battery temperature means less battery life, my phone battery temperature stays around 39°C and that is still very high but in a room temperature of 35°C that's the best you are gonna get
Leon1902
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
as winter comes, your battery health and life would be better and like a lot I am sure of that
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes