Original topic:

Unable to Use Instant Slow-mo on Video shot with S24 Ultra

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
ScorpiRov
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Is anyone else facing the issue with instant slow-mo ??
I'm unable to use instant slow-mo on video shot with Samsung S24 Ultra?
What may be the reason, coz i was able to use instant slow mo prior to the current samsung update.

P.S. Night and Low light photography and videography is extremely awful on Samsung S24 Ultra and has lot of motion blur and lacks clarity and depth.

4 Comments
Rochitd14
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Check the .extension
If video is in .mkv, .mp4 with h.265(HEVC) or hdr10 it will not work.
It works only on few supported codecs
The same extension videos can have different codec so sometimes one video with same extension will work while other will not.

If the video is from your own camera even then it will not work if video is 8k, hdr10 or high bitrate.
ScorpiRov
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I went one by one through all the camera settings and found instant slow-mo doesn’t work with H.264 video format. It works only with HEVC format.
The default video extensions on samsung and most of the android phone is .mp4
Thanks Rochit for the above update.
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we request you to share the log file. This will help us to further investigate and resolve this issue. Please also share the photos or videos regarding your concern.

To attach the log file: Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
ScorpiRov
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Your customer care Service is very disappointing.
0 Likes