Hello Members, I wanted to share with you my first ever Samsung Trade-In Experience.
I don’t know honestly how long it has been available exactly, but I have seen it for the past couple of years. I usually keep or give away my old devices but for the first time ever this year, I applied for it to trade in my Note 20 Ultra 512GB 4G.
My trade in finally happened after almost 1 month and a half!
The journey was not that pleasant, but the reward was awesome!
I have received my new device end of February, and waited for a week to start following up. Took me 5 calls to Samsung Call Center! The agents were always helpful, but nothing honestly was done, everyone says i will escalate and call you back, but never heard back from anyone. I even sent 2 emails to Cartlow, the company that picks up the device, and called them twice, to finally get it done. Reasons of delay were:
- Order not marked complete by Samsung, because there were items not yet delivered(Wireless Charger)
- As per Jeebly(3rd Party Courier) Cartlow did not receive money from Samsung.
- Bad followup from Samsung Team(I had to do everything and call people and chase them)
How Does It Work?:
- You place a purchase Order on the Samsung Website.
- You apply upon check out or after it for the Trade In Program.
- You enter your details, and the details of the device you have.
- You enter the Order Number from Samsung containing the device you bought.
- You enter the self-assessment (grading your own device)
- Grading is in 3 levels, A, B and C.
- A – is no Scratches or Cracks, Working device.
- B- is Minor Scratches or Cracks, Working Device.
- C- is Major Scratches or Cracks, Probably Not Working Device.
- Each grade pays a certain amount.
- This year the amount was for Grade A 1900AED, and Samsung Added 450 AED as a gesture.
- Once you submit, you receive an email from a 3rd party company that will handle the Trade In.
- You receive a follow-up Email later to confirm the visit.
- You receive a call prior to the visit.
- You get a visit at your Specified Address, the device gets assessed to see if it matches your self-assessed Grade.
- You get paid in Cash.
I got 2350AED! In Cash! That’s right! Hassan from Cartlow was very nice and helpful, shout out to him!
I couldn’t believe honestly, the reason for that is just like the previous posts I posted here about device protection, I keep my device in a Dbrand Skin, a Clear Cover and with a Tempered Glass screen protector. After almost 2 years of use, it was still intact, it still has 4 months of Samsung Care+ and I got an amazing Trade-In Price.
I paid 5500AED for the S22 Ultra, and by subtracting 2350AED, it brought down the cost to 3150AED.
If you want to factor in the free items I got also which were worth around 1050AED (734AED for accessories + 1 additional year of Samsung Care+ and the Free fast wireless charger) that’s 2100AED of total Cost for the S22 Ultra!
Is It Worth It?:
My advice, always buy from the online website, and regardless of your device’s state, opt for the Trade-In program, it pays well, great initiative for the loyal customers, and a great way to keep on coming back and buy.
The Trade-In program also applies on other devices, I will upgrade my Samsung 65” QLED TV now and also enroll in the Trade-In so they can collect my old TV and get paid for It.
Great Program! Definitely Recommended!