Original topic:

Samsung is cheating its users

(Topic created on: 11-18-2020 10:51 PM)
rojon
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Bought a S10 lite three months ago. My phone was running on One UI 2.1. I was getting close to 8-10 hrs of SOT with normal settings. Then came the One UI 2.5 just before the release of S20 FE.  With One UI 2.5, Samsung seem to have purposefully increased the battery drain and with each software update the camera quality is decreasing.  Going through the experience of S10 users in the forums I see that they too have experienced reduction in battery life after updates.  I thought the S10 lite would be the gateway for me to buying the more premium phones such as the Fold and Note but I guess I will skip Samsung once and for all.  A frustrated customer !! 

NOTE : Please keep your default battery saving tips to yourself. With the same settings I easily got 8-10 hrs before One UI 2.5. And the nonsense about flashing only through ODIN and not through OTA updates (as some would like to comment). Do you expect all Samsung users to flood customer service centers to have their device updated ? I have already sent error reports to Samsung but nothing has been done about it. I have done a factory reset too. If this is the case with an snapdragon processor I can't imagine what exynos users will face in 6 months from buying their device. 

12 Comments
kris88
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
They have postponed one ui 3.0 beta update on s10 series due to battery drain issues.. And this isn't a s10 lite issue.. Even a friend on one ui 2.5 in his note 9 complained of having battery issues n slight heating issues.. Some battery bugs r common in all OEMs rojon.
So I don't consider that cheating by Samsung :). Just have some patience n hope..
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would like to inform you that as you have tried all the steps, we request you kindly visit the service center as your device needs physical inspection. To check for the nearest Samsung service center kindly click on the link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Superishabh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have new samsung s10 in sale, using it from last 5-6 days and have felt serious battery drainage issues with new phone for which i sold my last Galaxy. This is seems to be trick of manufacturers to push user for buying lastest model. I seriously can't understand why this big issue with new samsung s10 that i have to charge my phone twice a daytime.
0 Likes