Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S23 FE over heating

(Topic created on: 12-07-2023 11:05 AM)
Buff_and_Stuff
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I just got my Samsung S23Fe and after taking it out the box, setting it up and updating the software, this thing keeps overheating. Why is this? Sometimes it's too hot to hold.
7 Comments
Galaxy S
I'm sorry to hear about the overheating issue with your Samsung S23Fe. Overheating can result from various factors, such as resource-intensive tasks, background processes, or potentially faulty hardware. I recommend checking for any running background apps, ensuring your device is not exposed to direct sunlight, and considering a factory reset if the issue persists. If the problem continues, reaching out to Samsung's customer support or visiting an authorized service center would be advisable for a thorough examination.
0 Likes
Buff_and_Stuff
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
This phone is brand new. Only thing I've downloaded is the Software update. I haven't even taken so much as a picture yet.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If the mobile device is freshly new, the issue must have been the software update you have installed, the issue should be directly reported to Samsung's customer support so it can be patched.
0 Likes
Tendai777
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Try using your phone on light profile and power saving after reset
s23feuser
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
But it **bleep** buying an expensive phone and having to use it in light settings
0 Likes
TsunamiBurger
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
My phone did the same thing, got it on Friday. I went to Battery Settings -> More Battery Settings and changed the second option (Performance Profile) to Light. It prioritises cooling of the phone and battery life. Maybe see if that helps.
EricP
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Mine did that too, I tried using the "Light" profile but I found that if you use the "Standard" profile for a while it gets better over time. I think the phone making apps sleep helps it.
0 Likes