Original topic:

Samsung S21FE issues

(Topic created on: 04-21-2022 05:48 PM)
Stavan D
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I purchased the S21FE 256 GB Exynos Version but I am facing the following issues with my phone: 

1. The phone temperature goes around 42-43 degrees, even on normal usage like on calls or camera use or even just watching a video on Youtube. I haven't even installed a game on it yet. (I had submitted screenshots showing the phone temp)

2. There's a lot of lag with the interface and with lighter apps like Twitter, Play Store, Facebook, etc. (uploaded video on twitter)

3. Issues with the cameras: 

a. There's extremely soft image quality with the ultra-wide-angle camera and the telephoto camera.

b. The telephoto camera does not get activated at 3x zoom and only at 10x. Image quality in both cases is soft as at 3x the main sensor is just 12 MP and at 10X the 8MP telephoto is pretty much useless.

I complained to Samsung Mobile service centre and they opened and closed a complaint saying that there was nothing wrong with the phone, whereas they did flash my phone (whatever that means).

And as for the cameras, I told them the telephoto camera was not working properly, still, they said it is normal for the camera. They returned the phone to me saying that there was nothing wrong. 

I approached a YouTuber who had reviewed the S21FE, and asked him to send a video showing the Telephoto camera working at 3X zoom. He was kind enough to oblige to my request. The Samsung shop from where I got the phone too tested their Demo phone and found that the Telephoto camera was working at 3x. 

Still, the service centre refuses to accept and they are again asking me to send the phone for testing. 

I got the phone on 24th March at night, and I registered my first complaint to them on 9th April 2022.

I got the phone for my birthday and it's my first Samsung phone ever, I was expecting a lot better from Samsung and definitely not expecting such **bleep** service from them.  

I am truly disappointed with it. 

Anyone who can help me sort out the issue? Who do I complain to about this?

#S21FE

10 Comments
MrChhangte
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
That's all because Samsung's f**kin Exynos (990) chipset.
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Strange
I have seen mostly positive feedback regarding S21 fe
Did you factory reset your phone??
0 Likes
Stavan D
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hey... Yes... I had reset the phone also the service centre "flashed" the phone. it fixed the heating issue a bit but the camera was still malfunctioning. Samsung service is still trying to sort out the matter and hasn't given me any final acceptable solution. 

Even I had heard good things about the phone and that's why I bought it. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
It's exynos 2100 not 990. Btw 1: It's cpu temperature it is normal even it passes 50 degrees.and 2: i don't know how your photos look like can't comment on that. My cpu temperature is beyond 50 degrees ( in ss)Screenshot_20220421-184034_DevCheck.jpg
0 Likes
Stavan D
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It's just CPU that's 50 degrees... for me, even the battery was reaching high temps. your battery is at 34, which is normal. 

photos were looking **bleep** and the telephoto definitely didn't work, even Service Centre admitted that there was some issue. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Normal hai
0 Likes
Happy-India
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
In how much price you got in offline store ? I think within 14 days you can visit store and return or exchange.. but not sure of it.. I too bought few days ago.. currently all working fine in my device
0 Likes
Stavan D
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I got a replacement yesterday... but in this phone too I am facing similar camera issues. The telephoto lens does not activate at 3x zoom. can you please check your phone and see if it does that or is it just my bad luck again?

0 Likes
Happy-India
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Checked after your request, and In my phone ,I m too confused, Getting 3 options in camera app, 0.5x(ultra wide), I m covering by hand ultra lens, it showing dark, 1x(main lens) it also showing dark while covering itsblens, but for 3x(telephoto) i m covering it, but for some time it covered(works fine) and some time nothing happening(I think 3x using main lens) .. bit confused now of 3rd lens
0 Likes