Original topic:

Samssung s10 plus over heating issues

(Topic created on: 05-26-2020 06:18 PM)
Saranyaa
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,
I've been facing overheating issues with Samsung S10 plus (SM-G975F) which is a year old now(bought in India).
Tried out the 
          1. Resetting the app/usage in safe mode 
          2. Removing the case
          3. wipe cache partition
          4. Factory reset
Nothing worked. My usage is very limited. 

Camera usage for even a minute increases phone temp to 38-39°C (Used AIDA64 to check the battery temp). 

Kindly assist as I've tried out all the options listed in the link below
11 Comments
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
you might consider taking your phone to the nearest Authorised service center since you have done all kinds of homemade remedies and I'm not sure this is a hazardous range of temperature for the phone.
0 Likes
Saranyaa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Unfortunately most of the authorized samsung service centres in Chennai are not responding for calls and if they respond, they notify that they can't assist before June 1st. Its very uncomfortable to use the phone as the temp is too high near the Bixby button
Galaxy S
it's pretty normal in summer season don't worry
0 Likes
Saranyaa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Is it normal that the temperature goes up to 42°c whilst charging? because I've not faced such a spike in phone temp.
Galaxy S
yes it's normal to have 42°c don't worry do one try to switch off your while charging so the app won't run in background and heat up your phone
0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's not normal for a phone to heat up when it's not being used. That's the first indications of something being wrong with the device.
bsj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
temperature raise bcs of following reason :
1. surrounding temperature
2. heavy app running in background
3.battery strain due to overcharging or draining to 0 %
4.taking video for a long time
5.new update issue
0 Likes
Saranyaa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Regarding the listed items
1. Tried using at night when the temperature is very less compared to day time, the issue persists
2. verified App issue history and nothing is listed. also tried Optimization option and closed all background apps. Issue persists
3. Charging upto 90% and not 100%. also tried turning off the phone while charging still the phone heats up for a while.
4. Using camera for 1minute shoots up the temp from 34°C to 39° or above.
5. I'm not sure if that's the trigger.
I'm clueless as I've tried all the options.
It's also disappointing that no Samsung authorized Service centre within a radius of 10km from my place is responding.
Being helpless **bleep** 😐
0 Likes
bsj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yaya bcs of corona issue everyone aware but its not good .. r u facing the issue from start?.. normally battery will go from 34 up to 40 its common but you feel the warmth .. I never faced the issue before after the new patch there is heating issue ,slow charging issue most of the users facing this issue.
0 Likes