Original topic:

S23Ultra : 45W Charging Speed slowed after March Security Update

(Topic created on: 03-17-2024 02:10 PM)
VAVV
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I am witnessing slowness in the charging of s23 ultra device after updating March Security update, I am using standard samsjng 45W charger to charge. Not sure, how Security updates the battery performance and what level of testing is being done on these monthly updates for premium flagship devices which is resulting in such issues rather than anything good. What's the point of doing updates if it is going to deteriorate the performance of device.

I plugged my device for charging when it was at 18% and it took almost 71mins to charge 100%, However the device when plugged for charging initially was showing 57mins of estimation to charge fully. I see lag of 14mins between what was estimated vs actuals.

7 Comments
Vishnu002
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Does you're display works fine while it's plugged in?
VAVV
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
how is this question relevant ?
0 Likes
Vishnu002
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Because mine does
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Same problem bro
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue. However, we are taking your valuable feedback regarding this.

We recommend our customers use only Samsung-approved chargers, as 3rd party chargers with different output ratings may cause errors in the device.

If the device charging with a different charger: It seems there is an issue with your charger, kindly check the physical condition of your charger for any damage.

If damage: The issue might be because of the damage hence we request you to visit the Samsung service center to get it replaced (Warranty not applicable).

If not damaged: We have tried all possible troubleshooting and the issue has not been resolved. I request you to visit the nearby service center along with your mobile and charger for a detailed inspection.

Check charging. If the rating is 15W or above: Kindly try to charge the device in a non-inverter socket.

As a safety measure Fast charging may not support, you while you are using the device hence, request you to keep the device idle and check the charging performance.

Note: Kindly open Device Care from settings > Battery > Please tap on three dots (more options) at the top right-hand side > Please select settings > Enable fast cable charging.

For Android 11: Kindly open Device Care from settings > tap on Battery > tap on More battery settings > Fast charging > Turn on.

Kindly follow the standard charging procedure. i.e. please charge the device in switched-off condition for 10 minutes.

Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
Turn off unused functions like Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and location settings when not using them: On the home screen swipe down the notification panel > Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other connectivity features when not using them.

Kindly check if ''Multiple applications'' are running in the background of the device.

When running multiple applications, the processor processes more tasks and as a result, additional heat is released from the device. This happens with most electronic devices (even computers/laptops), including the devices of other manufacturers. Close all the background running apps when not using them.

Avoid usage of mobile phones during charging. Usage of the mobile phone when charging may cause slow charging issues. So we recommend you avoid the usage of the mobile phone while charging.

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs, kindly report the problems with a log file. To share a log file, click on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
VAVV
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's clearly mentioned in my post that I am using official 45W Samsung charger for charging my device there is no non standard charger or adaptor involved for charging my device
Suraj2008
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I am also experiencing a similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Despite using the original Samsung 45-watt charger, I am encountering charging problems.
0 Likes