Original topic:

S23 Ultra Screen Protector

(Topic created on: 03-14-2023 02:33 PM)
AllNicknamesTaken
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Everyone, 

I'm curious what you're using to protect your screen. When purchasing my device, I saw people complaining about how hard it was to install the protective film by Samsung and that the film easily scratched or got bubbles.

I decided to get a tempered glass protector from one of those generic cellphone accessories stores at my local mall. They struggled to install it and they asked me to come back the next day for another person to retry the installation. 

Within a day though, bubbles started appearing and the edges started lifting. I also struggled with the fingerprint sensor. I accidentally dropped the device very lightly and was shocked to see the tempered glass crack. Slowly the initial crack seemed to spread until I decided to just remove and throw it away.

Now I'm sitting without a screen protector and contemplating getting another tempered glass from an MTN\Vodacom store or getting the film.

I'd just like to know what others are using and if it's working. Thanks

P.S. I think Samsung needs to start thinking about bundling screen protectors with their devices or they should come pre-installed. 
6 Comments
outcast1403
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Why do you need a screen protector for S23 ultra when it already has strongest glass on display😳
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Is that guaranteed though? I have a bad history with my devices.

I cracked my Note 10+ and cracked my Tab S7+ and it's almost guaranteed that I'll crack this one too 🙈 so if anyone's device will fall and break, it's mine.

I want to play it safe and not claim my Care+ unnecessarily.
outcast1403
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Wow why go through all this trouble?
0 Likes
captainNYIKO
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Use a protective phone case buddy screen protectors nower days are less effective due to a wider surface area of your screen
Galaxy S
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't mention it in my OP, but I've also been thinking about getting an armored case.

I think I'll get that instead and leave the tempered glass nonsense.
outcast1403
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Well its up to you
0 Likes