Original topic:

S22 isn't able to 'super fast charge' using 3rd party but compatible charger

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Bretski
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
In short in bought a 3rd party charger, specifically from Oraimo, 25W gan charger, has support for PD,QC,PPS, all latest versions, was described samsung compatible, but wasn't charging my S22 around 25W. It only charged around 15W. All my required settings were on. Even used original charger and it did show SFC. 

Apparently a forum discusses the removal of support from 3rd party chargers from S22 and above, without any information to customer or 3rd party manufacturers.

*This information may not be true, but it happened in my case.

Story:
I didn't considered buying a charger for my S22 for a few months as I has lot of chargers at home, even though they charged under 15W.

Worked for me, until I had its need due to it's short battery life and more usage.
So I decided if I'm getting a charger why not get a better technology like GaN, which samsung was not offering at that time, GaN chargers were very compact. 

After research I decided to buy Oraimo's 25W GaN charger, which was supposed to adapt to any brand's charging protocols, with specially mentioned 'Samsung', by using it's 'Anifast' Technology.

Upon arrival it didn't 'Super fast charge' at all. Even though settings were turned on, it only displayed upto 'Fast Charging' (15W). I also cross checked using original 25W charger, and it worked fine.

I contacted customer support of Oraimo, they too confirmed the product was compatible with my device and also suggested me to get it checked in the service centre. 

PS: I could have returned it but it was only under replacement policy, so no luck.

I visited the service centre, they checked and confirmed it was fine. 

On further research I came upon a forum which mentioned samsung has dropped support for 3rd party chargers through software update from S22 and onwards, THAT TOO WITHOUT ANY INFORMATION, neither to customers nor to 3rd party manufacturers. 
* I don't know how true this is but what's happening with me, seems like it.

8 Comments
payash
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Its happending with all phones supporting super fast charging like in my case i use samsung galaxy A23 which is not fast charging !!
Bretski
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Good to hear scenarios from other people, I'm least aware if this thing is happening with other users too.

Is your device on One UI 6 or above?
0 Likes
payash
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes ..my device is samsung a23 with one ui 6.1
0 Likes
Bretski
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I think it happened from this update onwards, paired with the release of their own new GaN charger series.
payash
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If this happens i wont recommend samsung to anyone from now onwards my redmi note 5 still works fine
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes it's true. You've to use samsung's 25W or 45W adapter & cable to get Super Fast Charging or Super Fast Charging 2.0 (if your device supports that) to get the fastest charging speeds your Galaxy device supports.

Same is the case with Wireless charging too. I tried a 3rd party 15W Wireless charger & samsung's original 15W Wireless charger to charge my Galaxy S23. When i kept my device on the 3rd party Wireless charger it showed 1h 55 mins until full from 50% to 100% but when i kept my S23 on samsung's 15W Wireless charger it showed 1h 1 min until full.

The strange thing was both the Wireless chargers were providing the same current output of 15W watts but that 1 hr huge time difference clearly showed that samsung has limited the charging speeds on 3rd party wired & wireless chargers...
Bretski
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It's like we're going back in time, when different phones had different charger, same case here. I have two phones, other is Moto, both have superfast chargers but can't fast charger either of them with exchanging chargers.

What's the meaning of having standardized "type-c" if I still have to carry separate chargers for separate devices.
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Brands like samsung & apple do these type of cheap strategy to boost their product sales. When brands do these type of things, we consumers are forced to buy their genuine accessories bcoz we know that no option is left, if we want to get the fastest charging speeds on our device, we have to buy their adapters & cables...