Original topic:

S22 Series: Lag / Stutter after installing January / February Security Update

(Topic created on: 02-27-2024 11:06 PM)
Nomad5
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Using S22 Plus.

Does anyone experience lag or stutter after installing January or Feb patch?? 

Been facing this issue since I installed Jan 24 patch and continues even with Feb 24 patch. 

Feels like a M or F Series phone. Samsung don't care about it's customers.. 

Who to blame?? Samsung on the whole or it's impotent pathetic developers??

Not willing to upgrade to exynos S24. Switching to iPhone.
9 Comments
Galaxy S
Yes facing same issue
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, kindly follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Check space availability
Kindly check the space on your device:
Path: Settings > Battery and device Care > Storage
To improve the device performance there should be sufficient space.

Kindly check the RAM in your device:
Path: Settings > Battery and device Care > Memory
The device's RAM should be free to improve performance. So clear the RAM memory once a day

Clear app cache through Device care:
Settings > Device care > Storage > CLEAN NOW.

Note: To delete files or uninstall apps that you do not use anymore, select a category under USER DATA. Then, tick items to select and tap DELETE or UNINSTALL.

The clear cache memory of a particular application:
Settings > Apps > Now pick the app that you like to clear off the cache memory > Storage > Clear Cache.

Close Background Apps

Is there any unnecessary application running in the background?
Too many applications running in the background may cause the device to hang. Kindly close the background running applications in the device (''Tap the left side key & close the background running application'').

Remove third party application
Kindly uninstall that application by following the below steps and check once as the issue might occur due to third-party applications.
Step1: Navigate to Settings
Step2: Tap on Apps
Step3: Select the third-party application from Apps.
E.g. DU Recorder
Step4: Tap on Uninstall

Remove memory card
Due to some ''unauthorized'' file in memory card device performance will be slow, so if you are using the memory card in your device. I will advise you to safely remove it from your device. For this follow the below steps:
Step1: Before removing the memory card, first, unmount it for safe removal.
On the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Device maintenance > Storage > More option > Storage settings > SD card > Unmount.
Insert the ejection pin into the hole on the tray to loosen the tray
Note: Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged.
Step2: Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot.
Step3: Remove the memory card.
Step4: Insert the tray back into the tray slot
Note: Please ensure that memory card is not removed while the device is transferring or accessing information.
Doing so can cause data to be lost or corrupted or damage to the memory card or device.
Samsung is not responsible for losses that result from the misuse of damaged memory cards, including the loss of data.

Remove third party accessories
Due to ''3rd Party'' (Not provided by Samsung) Accessories, (Like ''Charger, USB Cable'' etc.) device might also hang. So kindly avoid the usage of these 3rd party accessories.

Disable power saving mode
Power saving mode'' limit the performance of the device. So we recommend disabling the Power Saving mode in your device.

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Nomad5
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
A long list of steps would provide solution for developer issues.. right?? Try and understand the problem before providing solutions..
0 Likes
Aswin10
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Battery is draining faster than the speed of light
0 Likes
Nomad5
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Not sure about the battery yet. Wait for couple of days
0 Likes
webvoir
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yes i just updated 2 days before and facing the same  issue. Phone is lagging and heating up

0 Likes
Lokisavier
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yes facing battery problem with draining like lightning speed after feb update and phone keeps on heating while in the idle also
Nomad5
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Heating happened while using GPS.. phone became very hot. Also the animation lag is still present.
0 Likes
asdcxz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Not sure we are same boat or not after latest update i got some better result about battery thought i updated 2 days looks some improvement for me but.

I agree s22 is worst in terms of battery i hardly get 4.5 hours sot need to charge 2 times a day