Original topic:

S21FE review!

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 09:02 PM)
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
So, I got to check out my brother's phone for quite sometime.
The review is based on my experience as well as his experience of using the device for 2 weeks. One word - Awesome deal under 35k. So I will start with the most contentious areas first.

Battery - it's easily giving around 6 hours of sot on normal use, that is without any gaming.(I mean who in their right minds will buy an Exynos based Samsung for gaming purpose, lol). Frankly, I don't expect it to deliver anything better. So I am completely ok with battery backup.

Heating - Nope, nothing, nada. Yes, the phone gets warm while doing multiple tasks and charging. But, that's nothing we call heating. (Heating issue was there during the initial couple of days, which got fixed now).

Display - Beautiful is the word. I don't find any yellowish color on the display as complained by many here. I compared it side by side with my A52s5g. If anything, the whites are brighter and "whiter" on the s21fe compared to A52s5g.

Camera - the main camera takes slightly better but comparable images to that of A52s5g. I know this may be a surprise and unacceptable for many as everyone expect a semi flagship to smash a mid-ranger in camera dept. I will post a blind camera comparison next week. Those who checks my gallery posts know that in my case the A52s takes excellent photos. So, taking slightly better photos is a compliment in my books.

However, the telephoto lens is the star of the show. Much better-zoomed shots and portraits compared to A52s5g. 

Night mode on s21fe is also much better than A52s5g. 

Wide angle and selfie cam are almost equal but the s21fe obviously has better processing when it comes to tricky scenarios. 
(To those who are thinking that why am I comparing it to A52s, I would say that the main cam of A52s is that good and hence comparable to s20fe and s21fe IMO).

Features - flagship level - nothing more to be said.

Performance - I didn't find any lags or stutters. In my bro's opinion both the battery and performance improved after the October update. 
Minute bugs may be there, which I didn't observe, but then even s22 ultra has bugs. So, that's that.

CONCLUSION:
Those who got the s21fe for less than 35k got a STEAL DEAL - NO LESS. There is no two way about it. If any of you are not satisfied with this device at 30-35k, believe me you will never be happy with ANY device. So, if you are not happy with this one, I would say that you might have got impractical expectations.

nb: I have asked him to buy google pixel 6a, but he wanted to experience Samsung. I still believe that it was also a good device at 28k.
Yes, I have my reservations about Exynos and the durability of Samsung, but as of now the S21fe is an awesome device, especially at 30k, the price at which he got the phone. If the device gives any trouble, I won't mince my words in criticising it too. Just like how I did in the case of A52s.

23 Comments
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hope it does not suffer from any typical problem. That's the only thing I expect from Samsung.

Pixel experience is next level but when I used it I felt like if Samsung works more on optimization and animation then one ui will be the best of all UIs.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah, I too hope that. We all know the durability issues with Samsung!! Fingers crossed.
ラシイト
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
on spot, i got mine for 29k btw did definitely have a heated aluminum for first few days but i have to say the weather was scorching hot but not all thise days, definitely had heating issue but was the processor alone, even like normal social media or keeping the screen on for few min would heat the phone up, but it stopped heating and was only warm to tuch wile record4k 60 and prolonged photo shoots, on daily useage its doing very good i van get up to 7h of SOT if i dont play heavy games and even if i do i get 6h at min. it does have minor bugs but its not anything major as lagging or other screen issues.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Oh I forgot that bro. Thanks for reminding. The post is edited now. The phone did had heating issues initially but got fixed now.

However, I didn't find any noticeable bugs. What are the bugs you are experiencing?

0 Likes
ラシイト
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yeah, idk why but the processor heats up a lot at the beginning. I have noticed this pattern on all samsung flagships well not exactly all but majority
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

yes, this happened even on snapdragon based phones like A52s5g and s20fe 5g. For the first couple of days all my Samsung devices used to heat up every now and then. After that everything settles somehow.

However, I am baffled by the number of posts made by people who are complaining about this device. Did they actually expect Samsung to give the device for free, meh.

0 Likes
ラシイト
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yeah
ラシイト
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
the bus ive seen are like when i call some one there is a 2 pixel green dots that appear randomly on the screen for no reason and only sometime and not repeatedly but it definitely got me tripping ngl. duo call background for some reason gave bad gradient effect and the screen when dimmed and on extra dim causes this wierd effect on texts while scrolling only on twitter. these are the ones ive notices so far
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Green dots are shown when either microphone or camera is used as a privacy feature on all phones running on android 12.

I don't use duo or extra dim, so can't comment on that bro.