Original topic:

S21+ battery/ product delivery issue

(Topic created on: 12-30-2021 11:58 AM)
anjit
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I recieved my s21+ yesterday, when i opened the box there was dust on the phone, and not just a little (which ideally should not be there at all) and moreover, in getting 3.45-4.00 hrs SOT on mild usage. Is it normal??
28 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You got a used product. Return it asap.

From where did you buy it?
anjit
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung.com!! Are you sure its used?!!!
0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You said it had dust particles inside it. There's a possibility that used device might have been delivered to you. I suggest you contact customer support asap.
0 Likes
anjit
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I did contact them and now they're telling me to visit the service centre which is absurd, why should i go to the service centre when it's them who messed up!
0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Contact them again , this time some other agent might pick up and resolve your issue. If there's no resolution by the company,then maybe you can file a consumer report.

Wait, before that go to help section in samsung members, scroll down and see how many days of warranty are leftScreenshot_20211230-124235_Samsung Members_2481_1640848356.png
0 Likes
anjit
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I did talk to them and all they did was to try and convince me to keep using this phone or just go to the service center

I've attached the warranty screenshot belowScreenshot_20211230-132320_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Your phone's is in warranty, then most likely the dust was due to poor packaging or something. There's nothing to worry about now, since your warranty is valid
0 Likes
anjit
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
There were all the stickers etc still on it
0 Likes
vasukibk
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
A good practice is to watch unboxing video of similar product and self create an unboxing video before using any electronics good, the video should detail the following,
1. The bill or invoice issued,
2. The box packing in which it came, 3. Shrink wrapping check,
4. The authenticity seal check, then only open the box,
5. Physical condition check for any scratches dents if any,
6. Turn on the device and getting the expected response and
7. Try any bundled accessories for correct functioning.

The video atleast will be of a proof that can come handy to get a replacement or file a case in case the replacement request is turned down.

Also buy certified refurbishments only if available and their experience would be different.

Wishing you get a replacement, but suggest you to check with the seller once, many times seller would be able to resolve these if he is quite genuine and ethical.
0 Likes