Original topic:

S21 Ultra Exynos Overheating issue when using Camera.

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 05:25 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S

My device, S21 Ultra (Exynos) is 1.5 year old. I bought this on preorder in Jan '21. I had not faced any issues with it apart from overheating when playing mobile games. I stopped gaming on this device in a month as the phone used to overheat so much that it couldn't be handled. 

Since the past few months this has been happening again. When I use my phone to attend a Videocall, be it on WhatsApp, Instagram, Hangouts, etc. the phone overheats and the battery drops rapidly within 10 mins it gets so hot that everything shuts automatically and I have to keep the phone down for it to cool before I could touch it again. 

Does anybody have any solutions?

This has continued even after having formatted and installing fresh software at Samsung Service Centre. 

2 Comments
SamPro
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Nobody has any solution to this. Heating is normal with these big camera sensors in the phone. While people argue saying iphone or one plus has better heat management, I have friends and colleagues who complain of the same issue. Prolonged use of camera and that too in a video call will drain your battery due to heat up. If the heat dissipation happens to a bigger surface area then the heating will be low (like tabs) . In compact form factor prolonged usage will heat up. And also it depends on the weather of the place you live. If the temperature is above 35 degrees or more than 40, heating is normal if done outdoor.
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes