Original topic:

S21 FE Review

(Topic created on: 05-18-2023 04:57 PM)
Dr_Mkd
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I brought S21 FE 8/128 from Samsung official website @32K , which is a Made In India product manufactured March 23

I will be adding edits at the end of review for future contents. 

1. Build Quality --> Solidly built with proper curves to hold the phone! Back is matt that doesn't attract fingerprints! Most can handle the phone with a single hand too ( or can use One Hand+ operation module)

2. Display --> HDR 10 & HDR HLG supported! It's a really good display with good viewing angles & apt brightness! The only downer is that the display is not a dynamic one! ( my Tab S7 LCD supports 48/60/96/120Hz )

3. Camera --> To be frank, I'm not a big camera enthusiast; My main motive was it should take proper usable photo/videos whenever I click that shutter button! All the cameras are usable! Telephoto lens is awesome! It handles selfie well! Most flagship features are present ( no RAW app nor Enhance X on Galaxy Store  Enhance X has been launched in June 2023)

4. Processor -> Handles the UI really well! I feel Sammy's animations a bit slow hence made it 0.5x using developer options! Played a few games but for a limited time only to test it ( & any heating )! It could handle them properly! It does get warm a bit, but no real overheating issues! Even with 70% Processing speed via Power Saving Mode, I didn't felt any hiccup!

6. Battery -> Once a day charge should be enough. The device was kept at 120Hz with both sims active throughout the review
( I've enabled continuity with my tab hence that could also lead to a decrease in SOT too )

Charging from 2% with phone being switched off with 25W fast charger
35% by ~15mins
60% by ~30mins
100% takes about 70-80mins

I have turned on 85% battery + usually charge around 15-25% for longevity, hence for that 60% consumption I'm getting 3h to 3.5h ( I got 8h on Day 2 & 9h on Day 3 of the phone & I would gladly accept a half of that battery stats )

7. Networks --> Mobile calls are absolutely fine; earpiece, proximity, bluetooth, NFC & WiFi work as expected. 5G download max speed I got was 290mbps. It took less than a minute to download 1.7GB Into the dead 2 game from playstore. Haven't noticed any heating while on call, well most calls of mine are <10mins. Auto-Hotspot works well with tab

8. Software --> Full fledged One UI 5.1 on A13 with April Update available ! It should get A16 update with an extra year of security update. It has all the perks & bells n whistles of flagship. Goodluck module is really a swiss-army options for most of your needs.

The major reason why I chose S21FE over others (see below) because I liked it's software & I already have the excellent Buds+ & Tab S7

9. Others --> Stereo Speakers are loud enough with balance b/w both of them being abt ~40-60, with Dolby Atmos support on loudpeaker itself too! I'm not a big fan of vibrations as such, however this device has adequate haptic.

Why S21 FE v/s others at this range?
1. OP11R --> It felt bulky & looks top-heavy too! Camera is not as good! Spend 8K if you really need that processing power ( & get mesmerized by that fast charging too )

2. A54 - Apart from a theoretical better battery, this is worthless phone @40K! You may give it to your parents/for personal use only if you get it <30K

3. Pixel 7a - yet to launch when I bought it! The specs & price looks good! It should he a good option if you can get <40K

4. Poco F5 --> yet to launch when I bought it! the main reason to buy this should be that 2 years of warranty by POCO, apart from that processor! However software can't be compared with OneUI

5. Nothing Phone --> a good allrounder which you can pick & save 3-5K!

6. S22 --> Bad Battery & Heating issues + not worth to pay 20K more ( S22+ could be a better option as it has far bettery endurance as it is a bigger phone )

7. Don't buy iPhone 11/12 at 40-45K! Invest 10K+ more for iPhone 13

Edit 1 - I spend 4-5days in my village where the phone showed really bad battery life ( about 3h ) with get a bit hot esp during charging & it has reduced after coming back to the state capital! 

TLDR --> The real cons of S21 FE @₹30-32K are a slightly warm processor & an average battery life 

8 Comments
SammyUser0036
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
That's why I charge my battery to 100%, as a full day battery life is more important to me than the battery health (which BTW remains pretty good if you manage to reduce the number of charging cycles).
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That bad battery at Village is due to fluctuating signals.
Dr_Mkd
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes I know hence I wrote that it's better now where networks are more stable
GalaxyA54
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Instander me account login via Fb kese kare ??
0 Likes
Dr_Mkd
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Normal jaise hi original Instagram app pe karte ho

Open App -> Login

0 Likes
GalaxyA54
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Fb login nahi ho raha ..
0 Likes
Dr_Mkd
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Matlab kya dikha raha h?
0 Likes
pratikswain
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Ac room pai bi heat hojata hai 15 watt ka charger se biScreenshot_20230521_105147_CPU-Z.jpg
0 Likes