Original topic:

S20 fe 5g heating issues and fast battery drainage

(Topic created on: 10-12-2021 11:47 PM)
NavjotSingh77
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have bought s20 fe 5g 6 days ago. Phone feels hot in hands. I am measuring temperatures on cpu-z. On normals usage like using instagram or youtube, temperatures are (ac 35° C to 40° C) and (battery 33° C to 39° C). 
While charing one day (ac 50° C), so it heats up while calling. But no issue while surfing internet and using samsung apps. 
Also my screen on time varies about 6 hrs on 120 hz on a full charge.
Are these things normal or just happening with my Set only ? 🤔 
Otherwise phone is smooth and no issues like thermal throttling or so.
28 Comments
NavjotSingh77
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Bro i am literally in fear 😱 after reading your comment. But can you just tell that after how many days you started noticing 📝 all those issues 🤔
0 Likes
S20FEGUY
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Nah nothing to fear I had bought the device this year in March, until then after May it started all the dramas.

Also, I bought the device at Rs45000/- which is way more than yours. Things start getting pissed when after spending this amount of money and you get this quality product.

But I will be leaving with it in hope that one day they will fix at least the touch bug which is the most annoying and basic of a mobile.

0 Likes
NavjotSingh77
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Lets hope more i think issues are due to unstable software also. As yesterday i gone to service centre for same issue. They just installed whole new software. After that i am seeing difference in temperatures.
Moreover unlike your case I have got phone at price of 34,500 from offline store. Also phone was manufactured in September. That can also be reason that I might not be geeting all issues you told
Also I pray to god 🙏 that issues may not come in my device.
0 Likes
NavjotSingh77
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No it switch between LTE and LTE+, but no issue in net connectivity due to that
0 Likes
S20FEGUY
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

And also by poor brightness what you will face is, when you use your device outside in direct sunlight the device will heat which is normal.

But what Samsung does is whenever the device starts heating it starts reducing the brightness. 

So outside in hot summer, you will be having a bad day using your mobile.  😀

0 Likes
awwficial
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Bro, did the software reset help? I've just used the device for 5 days now and I'm facing the same issue. Simple browsing / social media/news gets the phone to 38-40 c. Just like you, the phone apart from the heating is pretty nice. I, too, am concerned about longetivity. Is there a chance the phone can be replaced as I bought offline from Croma

0 Likes
NavjotSingh77
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
First thing, yes software reset helped me in heating issues. Yes there's a difference. Now temperatures 🌡 remain around or less than 37° C (battery) most of times. All other phones also have these kind of temperatures.
But I think that this will not affect hardware, as according to my research, temperatures more than 50° - 55°C are harmful for chipsets and can make permanent damage. But now a days chips are capable of handling temperatures upto 50°C.
About replacement in offline, yes it will be harder as compared to at Amazon, but not impossible. But service centre executives will be kind of doing your brain washing. So you should keep your point with confidence. When I went to service centre executives were saying that these temperatures are normal, but I kept saying again and again for issue. So at the end they said to me make phone hot by any means. And the I started playing game with hotspot on, torch on while charging. Due to this temperature gone to 44° C. ( They will test temperature with temperature gun and will not belive on cpu-z stats, so ask them to use that gun by your own. As in my case he was not using gun properly and showing temperature 39° C. But when I checked temperatures by my own near camera 📷 then temperature was 44° C.) After all these things they finally agreed to reinstall software. And said just use you phone and come again (if issue presist) for replace. This all thing took my 1.25 hour.
But now situation is better. I played BGMI with hotpot and Bluetooth On, temperatures were less than 40° C [battery] ) So I will not replace phone as now temperature is not that big issue as chips can handle temperatures upto 50° C. But think of new piece having real genuine issue, like camera not working, screen flickering, or any other big issue. It's very difficult to waste our time in service centres. We had did mistake to buying phone from offline market (me too) just for 1500 - 2000 Rs extra discount. As store owners first make big big promises and criticize online market by saying that what will you do if you got in problem while selling phone. But when real problem comes in first week of purchase, then only online market like Amazon helps, as store owners says to go to service centres. So best of luck for your future purchases.
0 Likes
awwficial
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks for sharing your experience man! True, buying online is better these days but I got the phone at 30k in Croma. Killer deal. I tried playing BGMI just to check if the device works fine and in normal graphics, wifi game I was clocking 47.2 AC and 43 Battery. Is this too much? The thing is that I don't play games, but I want my phone to be in normal temp during basic usage. A few 15 mins of YT along with some whatsapp checking, gets my battery to 37.5 and AC near 40. I understand phone might heat on games. Will they replace if you go back, or will they check again and say no? The croma dude, said me the same thing. They were saying its fine. And if I give it to Croma, they'll take it to Samsung, so I don't have to go to service center myself, but will have to clear the data again:( What do you suggest bro?

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!  

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-optimise-and-extend-the-battery-life-on-...

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes