Original topic:

S20 FE 5G screen went black

(Topic created on: 10-16-2021 08:34 AM)
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, my Samsung galaxy S20 FE 5G is only 13 days old. Display went black all of a sudden. I can only feel the vibration and if someone calls I can hear the ringtone and vibration. Tried to do hard reset but nothing works. Could someone please help. Urgent. I don't have any backup phone and typing this from a laptop.

33 Comments
RakeshRR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Have you tried doing hard reset using hard keys (Volume and power buttons)?
0 Likes
KCG
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro did u try rooting it with ur computer?
0 Likes
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

No. I haven't even turned on the developer option. I am using the phone as it is 

0 Likes
vigs20fe
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Take it to service center. May be the display cable is removed or some problem. If you are able to hear sounds, take calls then it's display problem.
Use your recent Bluetooth headset to take calls automatically since you can't see the screen now.
0 Likes
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Thanks for the reply guys. I tried hard reset and everything. Nothing worked I can feel only the vibration and if I put into charge I can hear the charging. sound.

0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
This issue is common with a lot of samsung devices since a long time, especially with the flagships (S & Note).

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/S21-ULTRA-WENT-BLACK-SCREEN-SUDDENLY/td-p/7306192
0 Likes
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Oh. That's not good.
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung isn't bothered about improving their production quality, even after 6 years they couldn't fix or improve it.
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Guys. Thank you for all the reply. I watched YouTube and they recommended to give a thumb massage to the display because there could be some loose connection in display. It sounded ridiculous but I did anyway and display is back on now. I am taking my backups. What should I do next. Please suggest. I am coming from OnePlus eco system and I wanted to try oneui in specific because of all those fuzz around OnePlus now. Not to compare, but used 4 OnePlus devices so far and I haven't faced issue like this there. So am kind of scared. Your suggestions pls