Original topic:

S20+ (Exynos) Green vertical line

(Topic created on: 03-16-2022 05:17 PM)
jishnntp
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Fam, 
Is anyone else getting a green vertical line on their s20+ display? My s20+ was working fine till yesterday afternoon, but just after that, I noticed a green vertical line. I assure you that there's no physical damage to the handset. It just magically appeared yesterday. 
I've been using s20+ for the past 1 year and 3 days now. So, it's just 3 days ago my 12 month warranty expired. I checked the community and saw many others are also facing similar issues. 
Please Advice. 
Thanks & Regards, 
Jishnu P

54 Comments
kish0411
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Send email to ceo team and service head team. Email can be found in Samsung website
jishnntp
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
we tried that. we all did.
they will tell to submit the device for inspection at the service center. and they will say it's users fault. they have invented a new word for this. handset with no scratches and physical damage present to them and have the green line as "impact damage".
they are asking us to pay for the display.
we tried in online consumer court too and they suggest to manually file a complaint
jishnntp
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
we are all registering complaint manually at consumer courts in our own jurisdiction.
send me your case number once you do
kish0411
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Let's all connect in whatsapp? And then will take this up ?
jishnntp
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yeh we already have a group
0 Likes
Ash88
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I am also facing green line issue on my 15 month old S20+ suddenly. I have been battling with service center folks and they are asking me to pay 15.5k to fix it? I have written to CEO, posted it in twitter too. Any guidance on this please?

https://twitter.com/MangoManComic/status/1503994054409072641 

jishnntp
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
bro, almost everyone s20+ users are facing this issue.
samsung customer support is shite.
better move to iphone environment. their services are atleast better than samsung. they've acknowledge faults when customers reported in mass and offered free replacements.
Ash88
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

true. but have to wait till we can get a premuim smartphone. any ideas to get the best salvage/scrap value for this device as the screen is faulty now?

jishnntp
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yeh, that's the issue. you could probably sell this for 20k in olx if you are lucky
0 Likes
jishnntp
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I tried to sell this in local shop, even they are saying they won't take s20+ models as they aren't sure about the display.
they know many s20+ are having this issue.
0 Likes