Original topic:

S 21 ultra camera got fogg for 3 sec contact in water

(Topic created on: 11-19-2022 01:15 PM)
SameenGhadge
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello there,

I am the samsung s series user since s2 which was my first smartphone.

Recently i bought s21 ultra and it worked fine for 4 months , and suddenly black spot appeared on my camera so all the photoed took on 108mp mode or for 1x mode were getting black spot inside image. So i visited service center and got repaired within warranty.

After some days, may be within month while i was shooting dj at that time dj laser came on my camera lens and it keep on there, so again i visited service center and resolved the issue but at that time service center did not registered my phone to samsung database sayin this problem occurred within month so they solve that issue themselves. This is point when i was doubtful for this action, so i called customer support and told the scenario, after pressure from customer support they gave me description of camera change(part change).

Mean while i extended warranty too because of repetitive camera issues. 

And again 2 days ago my phone just came in contact with water due to water bottle on table was dropped. At that time fog came on my camera lens and after 5-6 hours phone's display blinked once and it gone. So i kept phone into rice overnight and took phone to samsung service center. Then they  inspected the phone and told that water has gone inside camera lens , we have cleaned it but in future if camera problem occurs then it will not claimed into warranty. I just shocked when they he said this, because IP68 protected phones are getting damaged by 2 or 3 seconds contact with water and again warranty can't be claimed for camera then it is just scam with premium smartphone users.

5 Comments
Ashishgire
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hello 👋
I'm using galaxy S10 and I faced the same issue as you mentioned with Camera. There is Black dot on lens. So any photo i take that dot apear on that photo.
Even during Video call also that Black dot was there. After getting frustrated i visited service centre they said your Camera lens got damaged please replace it with new one.
My mobile is just one and half years old. Then i said i want a written document that i visited he asked for some extra money 💰 for registration and i paid the sum. The change to change was 5900 approximately. I refused to change and came back.
After few days my mobile fell down from bed and BOOM. camera fixed. If it's going to fix by it's own why he said to change Camera.
I'm not happy service centre.
Also there is pixel burning issue also I'm facing anyways..
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Hwayoung
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same happened with my S21 ultra today.
0 Likes
Hwayoung
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Last night my phone came in contact with water on screen idk how it went into the camera!? What do I do? Shall I take it to Service Center?
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes