Original topic:

Regarding IP rating of s9

(Topic created on: 05-30-2019 06:09 PM)
RohitNawathe
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
I own Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F). I recently went to the pool and dropped my phone into the water. Despite of the IP 68 rating water went inside (which should not happen) the phone and it switched off. The screen now has a visible line and the mic and speakers are not working at all. I don't think 30-40 seconds of exposure should cause any liquid damage to the phone as it has an IP68 rating. Now they are charging me 19000 for the motherboard plus the display has lines on it so 15000 more if i change it. 

Has it happened to anyone else? I am feeling devastated😓😓
0 Likes
13 Comments
Thanus
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
nope mine is working perfectly even I take to the pool more than 4 times....for minimum 5 min underwater shoots... mine is galaxy note 8
0 Likes
RohitNawathe
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
you are lucky. I have filed a complaint in the consumer forum
dilum
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
report this problem to samsung feedback service...this is very bad
0 Likes
RohitNawathe
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
already reported. They gave me a usual reply. So i filed a complaint in the consumer helpline and wrote to samsung ceo
0 Likes
pma1612
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Honestly you have worse luck then me. I had moisture in the back & front camera of my S10 ( used in heavy rains) and they disassembled my phone and told me the motherboard had some problem. I told them not to replace the motherboard, it's been 15 days and the phone is still working fine. There are 2 or 3 dust particles between the camera lens though
RohitNawathe
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I later complained to the higher authorities and they changed it for free.
0 Likes
RohitNawathe
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
But still the back glass is not sealed properly and i can feel the back glass being pushed when i press it. So i will now never use my phone near water anymore.
0 Likes
pma1612
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
that's nice that they did replace it. I do agree you shouldn't use it near water anymore,ip68 doesn't work properly if you disassemble your device
Galaxy S

nice post

0 Likes