Original topic:

Quick fix for slow home screen navigation

(Topic created on: 03-31-2020 10:17 PM)
s4s
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
From last couple of months or a year or so, people reported multiple times slow home screen response after few days of use.

The quick fix always worked which suddenly improves the home screen navigation performance is, JUST CHANGE THEME.

Till now, I don't understand why it causes slowness and why changing theme fixes it. But it always worked for me on all Galaxy S and note devices.
10 Comments
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
yes you're right and I think since I keep changing themes its mostly with live wallpapers and freestyle themes that are animated where animation frames tend to freeze or hang up 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
0 Likes
s4s
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Galaxy Tab S6 has no themes support and has Sd 855. It was never slow down after days of use with widgets on home screen etc...

I think slowness of some sort with theme implementation.
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
which phone you're taking about
0 Likes
s4s
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Slowness is observed when widgets used on S9, S10, S note 10+ (after 1 to 2 days) and even S10 lite (after 3 to 4 days). Its clear exynos make it more slower compare to SD.

This slowness goes away if you change theme, that is what I mentioned.
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
plus mobile Exynos processor is also a reason for lagging home screen
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
from where do you download themes
0 Likes
s4s
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It does not matter.

We all use themes from theme store.

Even default theme without live wallpaper too slow the home screen after days of use if widgets are placed on home screen.

The quick fix is change to some other theme which makes the home screen navigation faster.
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
only download from galaxy themes free or purchased because many a times when you download themes elsewhere third pary ads and attached software could corrupt your system if not then try to change your theme or try changing resolution of display I hope it helps👍👍👍👍👍👍
0 Likes