Original topic:

One UI2.0 beta in depth part 1

(Topic created on: 10-19-2019 05:35 PM)
dj9494
★★
Options
Galaxy S
I am honored by Samsung for providing me exclusive beta update(brand ambassadors update) befor the general user can get hands on!!! 

In this post i will guide you all what to do before you enroll for the beta update on 21st of October 2019, whats new and my own verdict of the same. 

Guide regarding the update 

- backup all your data
- turn off cloud sync(you can turn it on after the update)
-  after update check for members app update 
- 'Android.process.media' issue may occur after updating the beta binary without above settings So after selecting Setting> Apps> Show system app" in the top right corner A) select "Media Storage" > storage > clear data B) select "sec media Storage" > storage> clear data C) select  "download manager"> storage> clear data

What's new

Overall looks wise its the same but this time Samsung had few major changes and many small changes(even i haven't discover all😅😅😅) so the changes in comparison with the old UI are as follows and along with all this android q goodies are included. 

Major changes 

Both Google and Samsung navigation gestures are included 

Let’s start with the gestures. One UI 2.0 adds Google navigation gestures to the mix. These are pretty similar to what you find on the iPhone. You have to swipe up from the bottom of the display to go to the home screen, and if you swipe up and hold, you get the multitasking menu. To go back, you can swipe in from the right or left edge of the display.

The good news is that Samsung has not removed its own navigation gestures, so what system you want to use is up to you. The standard navigation buttons are also available if you like doing things the old-fashioned way. Those are also what are enabled by default instead of the gestures when you first install Android 10.

Camera UI redesigned 

Now here’s something you might hate: Samsung has changed the camera interface for the millionth time. The biggest change? You no longer see all the camera modes available above the shutter button. Every mode except Photo, Video, Live Focus, and Live Focus video is now grouped together in the More section. You can go back to the old way by manually dragging each mode from the More section to the area above the shutter button, but it’s extra work.

When you zoom in and out in the camera using your fingers, you can now find four buttons that let yo...

Built-in screen recording 

With One UI 2.0, the Galaxy S10 has the new screen recording feature from the Galaxy Note 10. You can record the screen, all the sounds played on the phone and everything that is picked up by the microphone. You can also add a selfie feed when recording the screen, which is very cool.

Oh, and One UI 2.0 has the option to disable that charging information you always see on the screen on a Galaxy Note 10. It also shows you more detailed battery stats in the Device care section, which has been redesigned to be simpler to use. You can now decide when Wireless PowerShare should stop charging other devices. It stopped only at 30% on Pie, now you can tell the phone to stop at 90% if you wish.

New Shortcut and gesture for enabling One-handed mode

If you like using one-handed mode on your Galaxy S10, you will probably hate the new gesture you need to use to enable it. You can’t swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen to enable one handed mode anymore. You have to swipe from the bottom center of the screen to the bottom edge of the screen.

This is because Google’s navigation gestures require one to swipe in from the left or right edge of ...

Digital wellbeing gets focus mode, Night mode is dark mode now

Google has improved the Digital Wellbeing feature with Android 10. You now have a focus mode that disables all notifications and apps so you can focus on work and other things. There are also new parental controls. You can remotely track how much your kid is using the phone and set limits to screen time. The apps they can use can be limited as well

Night mode is called Dark mode now because that’s what Google calls it, and Dark mode even darkens yo...Google’s app follow Night mode on Galaxy devices even on Android Pie and switch to a dark UI when Night mode is enabled, but Android 10 will still be needed for some apps, such as YouTube, which only respect the system-wide Night/Dark mode setting on the new version of Android.

Sound bar/ any sliding bars

As you can see in the above video, all the bars of the system UI are like this. 

System animation 
This is one of the best things what i liked about the One UI 2.0. Its simply beautiful. here is the video

For minor changes please visit my next post. Here is the link
21 Comments
Galaxy S
its a bug which may result in total data wipe. mostly this wont happen by the time its released for general public
Galaxy S
Awesome Guide to One UI 2.0 Bro
Galaxy S
thanks more coming soon
0 Likes
Galaxy S
mostly no issues will come up. No you dont need to clear media and stuff, just upgrade that's all
0 Likes
TechChic
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
such a well written article:) OneUI looks promising
Galaxy S
oneui 2.0 is promising
TechChic
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
now we know! thanks to you!
0 Likes