Original topic:

One UI 6.1.1 Update - S23

(Topic created on: Thursday)
tooharsh4u
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I would like to inform you that there is no camera degradation in the One UI 6.1.1 update for the Samsung Galaxy S23 (base) and S23+ models. Apart from Ai and listed features the camera's color science has been modified. The only reported issue pertains to the fingerprint scanner. It's important to note that the camera degradation issue only affects the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra model.
6 Comments
Ak_Rocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
We are cooking 🍳
GojoSatorou
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thanks for the update! I still haven't updated cuz of the fear that something will be spoiled by Samsung 😅
tooharsh4u
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Just fingerprint issue, other than that all good
0 Likes
tooharsh4u
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Just fingerprint issue, other than that all good
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We appreciate you taking the time to share valuable comments, and taking your valuable feedback, We are continuously working to make our products better and more efficient. However, if you are facing the fingerprint issue, kindly follow the below given steps to resolve the issue.

Galaxy device fingerprint issue: Ensure that your fingers are clean and dry.
Note: If the skin on your fingertips is peeling or cracking, or your fingerprint is difficult to capture, the fingerprint ID on your phone may not work.

If your fingerprints fail to unlock the phone while the phone is recharging, remove it from the charger and try again. If you are charging the phone with a charger and data cable from other brands when you use fingerprints to unlock the phone, they may interfere with the fingerprint sensor and cause the recognition to fail.

Clean the fingerprint sensor with a soft cloth. Make sure the fingerprint sensor is dry and free from any debris that may cause the sensor to be unable to recognize the fingerprint.

Remove the current fingerprint and set up the fingerprint again. When you touch the sensor to set up a fingerprint, make sure you set the entire fingerprint, including the outer area of your fingertip. Setting the entire fingerprint area enables successful fingerprint recognition with any grip.

How to remove Fingerprint: Path: Settings> Biometrics and Security> Fingerprints> Fingerprint1> Remove> Remove again to confirm.

How to Set up Fingerprint: Path: Settings>Biometrics and Security> Fingerprints> Fingerprint> Scan your fingerprint> Place your finger on the sensor, then lift it off when you feel a vibration> Continue> Reposition your finger each time to capture the edge of your fingerprint> Done> Fingerprint added successfully.

Try Safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/safe-mode-on-samsung-phones/?srsltid=AfmBOooat1Wm0...

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

You can reset your device by following the steps.
1. Kindly create a data backup of your device via the SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.
2. Remember the Google password before resetting the device because it is required during initial setup.
3. If you do not remember then advise to reset (Forgot password) his/her Google account.

Path: Settings> General Management.>Reset>Temporary cloud backup or External storage backup>After backup tab on Factory data reset to reset your device to its factory default settings.
This will erase all data, including files and downloaded apps.

In case the issue still occurs, kindly report the problems with a log file. To share a log file, click on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer

0 Likes
tooharsh4u
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey Samsung,

I updated my phone to One UI 6.1.1 yesterday and the performance has gone downhill. It's super laggy while gaming in 90 fps and it's really annoying. Can you please fix it? I don't want to have to buy a new phone because of this.

I would appreciate if u look into this matter. 
0 Likes