Original topic:

One UI 3.0 Beta Program for S10

(Topic created on: 11-25-2020 09:24 PM)
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Guys,

Maybe some of you are already aware of the beta program that was released today afternoon for S10 devices in various countries (India is one among them).

I have updated and used my S10 for almost an hour now.

Here are my initial impressions:

1. Phone was literally stuck on the homescreen after the update with no network reception.

None of the buttons were responsive and once the phone went to sleep it was unresponsive. 

I performed a soft reset and fortunately the issue was resolved, the phone booted up successfully and everything was working fine.

2. Screen flashes green while switching between different camera modes (wide, ultra wide and telephoto)

This is a persistent bug, not a sporadic one. Users can easily see this by switching camera modes. 
Hopefully a quick fix and a new beta version will resolve this. I have already reported this issue to Samsung team.

Apart from these 2 major points, everything looks fine. Even though phone acted weird after the update no data was lost and everything is looking fine.

As samsung warns you, beta software is not stable and one should expect lot of bugs. 
But it's an easy portal to use the latest Android SW version.

Let me know your thoughts and findings after the update in the comments. 

Thank you guys. Happy One UI 3.0. 😄

13 Comments
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Let's hope for something good in Android 12.
0 Likes
MDel
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
what about S10 lite?
0 Likes
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't have an exact date. But I have read somewhere that a build version was spotted for S10 Lite.

If the information is true, we can expect it soon.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We request you to kindly send us the error log file again along with the Video or Screen-shots within 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:- Samsung member > Click on beta banner > Switch to beta mode > Beta feedback > Send feedback > Error report. As this will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes