Original topic:

One UI 3.0 Beta Program for S10

(Topic created on: 11-25-2020 09:24 PM)
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Guys,

Maybe some of you are already aware of the beta program that was released today afternoon for S10 devices in various countries (India is one among them).

I have updated and used my S10 for almost an hour now.

Here are my initial impressions:

1. Phone was literally stuck on the homescreen after the update with no network reception.

None of the buttons were responsive and once the phone went to sleep it was unresponsive. 

I performed a soft reset and fortunately the issue was resolved, the phone booted up successfully and everything was working fine.

2. Screen flashes green while switching between different camera modes (wide, ultra wide and telephoto)

This is a persistent bug, not a sporadic one. Users can easily see this by switching camera modes. 
Hopefully a quick fix and a new beta version will resolve this. I have already reported this issue to Samsung team.

Apart from these 2 major points, everything looks fine. Even though phone acted weird after the update no data was lost and everything is looking fine.

As samsung warns you, beta software is not stable and one should expect lot of bugs. 
But it's an easy portal to use the latest Android SW version.

Let me know your thoughts and findings after the update in the comments. 

Thank you guys. Happy One UI 3.0. 😄

13 Comments
A31One
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Galaxy A31 One Ui 3 Beta
0 Likes
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No idea.
0 Likes
Arjun1698
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes.
i encountered the same lock screen bug.
otherwise it's a quite good beta update.
0 Likes
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
👍
0 Likes
rags333
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
interesting changes in ui 3.0 ?
0 Likes
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Honestly, it's not a big update. You can search for some videos in YouTube to see all the changes.

But other than the notification panel colour change, visually updated settings menu and improved search there is nothing more that I see in the phone.

Or in other words there are NO NEW FEATURES that is eye catching.
0 Likes
rags333
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
iske baad last update milna ha aur isme khuch dia ni bas awein hi chote mote changes kia ha like animation
0 Likes
Sreeraj2120
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The last/stable version won't be much different.

From android 10 to 11 there are no major changes. That's also the reason why OneUI2.5 and 3.0 has minimal changes.

Unless Samsung really has some good features in mind(that I don't think so) we can expect a similar version as the final or stable version.
rags333
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
surely major changes will come in andriod 13... but our s10 plus will get 3 major updates only
0 Likes