Original topic:

Notification around camera cutout

(Topic created on: 10-25-2019 07:47 PM)
AshuSingh10
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I recently purchased s10 plus. It is a wonderful device. Though there is one thing Samsung needs to update in the phones which do not have a physical Led notification light. When the phone is in idle state, if there is a call or message, and if we have disabled the always on feature, there is just no way to know about any notification. We have to manually pick up the phone and then only we know about the notification..This is a very basic thing that samsung can fix by making the lights around the camera cutout work as a notification mechanism so that even without touching the phone, we know that there is some notification.This thing needs to be addressed and samsung can just easily push an update for this. Hope this thing can be enabled soon. 
7 Comments
Christystp
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
try Goodlock app
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Bro..its available..
Go to Galaxy store
Download Edge lighting+
Also download GoodLock app
(Both are Samsung official apps)

Now, go to edge panel and edge effect..here select "black hole effect"(especially designed for the cut out light notifications)

So, go for it..👍🌝
0 Likes
kumar3103
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
but it show only at the time of receiving a msg, after that it won't show
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Obviously..it won't glow continuosly, for that go to Accessibility>Advanced settings>Turn on flash notifications..
0 Likes
AshuSingh10
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the comment Sidhabhi..Will this work when the phone is idle? I mean even if Always on display is turned off, this would work and make the camera cut out lighten up even when the phone is at rest?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Can you please do me a favour and like this post? Thankyou!
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Gallery/Diwali-with-Galaxy/td-p/2625921
0 Likes