Original topic:

Iris Scanner Issue

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 05:11 PM)
MrGangster
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I've recently replaced the screen of my s8 since then my iris scanner is not working. Whenever I try to register my iris it shows, "your irises weren't registered" and also the red ir light doesn't come up, it only shows my eyes through the front camera. What can be the issue?
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
hardware issue I think infrared light not coming means hardware issue...once cheak it from Samsung members app manually check section
0 Likes
MrGangster
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
okay, I've already checked it in automatic one it says everything is normal but in manual section I'm unable to register my iris so couldn't check that... I've also tried in test mode it just shows a grey screen and $Change: 15177986 $$Revision:#2$
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
if infrared light not blinking then once factory reset your device then try ....if then also it's not coming then definitely you have to visit service center again
0 Likes
Shahid shaikh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi Bro I've Also Same Issue And In Test Mode Showing $Change: 15177986 $$Revision: #2 $ This Code Want To Know How You Able To Solve This Issue

0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Get the device checked from an authorised service centre.
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Scannner issue" please follow below given steps:

1) Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2) Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes