Original topic:

Hacked!!!

(Topic created on: 03-19-2020 02:37 AM)
Irinricky
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
My s10 plus exynos variant got hacked by app called nova.apk ( service TV app) . I installed for free streaming and downloaded from cyberflix TV website. 
I thought Samsung's security is best but it took all control of my phone even I can't uninstall it. 
Factory reset brought my phone alive.

March 20 security update installed.
5 Comments
Galaxy S
Maybe you had given the app admin permission. Luckily the admin privileges didn't included restart or factory reset.
sabbir2world
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
So you gotta be careful next time downloading/installing such apps.
Galaxy S
once i installed a free streaming app from browser after 2 weeks i got a notification from Samsung knox security and tht notification was 'A malware app found in your device' so I quickly uninstalled it and deleted the app from download file. Actually This types of apps collect all the information it's very harmful
Thej745
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Samsung tries it's level best to improve security and protect its devices but in situations like these it is difficult.
Never download apps from places other than playstore as you are leaving you're phone vulnerable to hackers and adwares.
Most of the apps that you download from random websites are always a scam, never bid on an app that supports piracy those apps always have a catch in them.
0 Likes