Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S21Ultra Poor Battery Life

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 08:49 PM)
Dave21
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S21Ultra's battery life has been nothing but disappointing. The first 2 weeks were fine...easily getting 6hours+ Screen on Time..but man, the past 3 weeks have been horrendous. Barely getting through the afternoon! I unplug my phone at 9:30 am (Never charging it overnight), and by 19:00 it's sitting at 17%, with 2hrs50 minutes of SOT. Even my 3 year old S9 smokes it. I don't game and most apps are put to sleep.
I factory reset the phone about 3 weeks ago. The software uodates haven't helped much. Immensely disappointed with this phone since the rest of its features are soo soo good. 
Sad.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  Dave21 

The Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra utilizes advanced AI-based software to efficiently control battery consumption to match users’ usage patterns. Currently, 5G complies with NSA (Non-Standalone)* standards, which are used in conjunction with LTE and 5G. So 5G and LTE circuits are used at the same time for high-speed processing of large amount of data. It makes that the battery usage time is shorter than and device may become hot than LTE model under the same conditions. If you feel the device overheats, do not use it for a while and wait to cool down the device. If the device continues to overheat, please contact to a Authorized Samsung Service Center with device.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Comments
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's funny Dave, I had this issue initially when I first got the phone it gave me about 4.5 hours SOT, then after the worst 2 updates of samsungs life (that makes me wanna switch to IPhone even though I hate iPhone) now I get about 3.5 hours and the phone gets super super hot even now it's at 38 degrees. I keep coming here for a solution and samsung is fully aware of the issue since update.

But alas the OBF period is over now we stuck with it. The phone it's self is by far the best and fastest phone on the market, but with a battery and over heating issue like this....

Apparently the March update fixes all this, I'm praying it does, or samsung does a recall.

5000 mah battery more like a 3000 mah on a good day:(
Dave21
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@Kevin
thanks for replying.
bruh I hope so too. I'm getting impatient now
0 Likes
aqwwa
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
it's sad
the way Samsung goes around handling customer services
0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
lol Dave we don't seem to be winning here, one day we sorted, the next, back here hahaha. I heard somewhere that the main samsung shop can actually re input the old software that the phone came with.

If this is true and the March update doesn't fix it, that's what I'll be doing.
0 Likes
WesleyChina
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
mines as well a waste of Money the iPhone 12 pro seems much better ill go for iPhone. Samsung useless as well as there promotional false gifts
0 Likes
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  Dave21 

The Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra utilizes advanced AI-based software to efficiently control battery consumption to match users’ usage patterns. Currently, 5G complies with NSA (Non-Standalone)* standards, which are used in conjunction with LTE and 5G. So 5G and LTE circuits are used at the same time for high-speed processing of large amount of data. It makes that the battery usage time is shorter than and device may become hot than LTE model under the same conditions. If you feel the device overheats, do not use it for a while and wait to cool down the device. If the device continues to overheat, please contact to a Authorized Samsung Service Center with device.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
How's this auto robot response.... guys you gave me the same response when I had an issue.

@Maps_sam07 this is how you lose loyal samsung customers.

By not addressing the actual problem which is the software, let's not talk about 5G and all that nonsense. Fix the issues, this is not a cheap phone and we are not phone illiterate.

Every function should be running at an optimal level be it 5G and the works, why advertise this amazing all day great battery experience and 5G and the bells and whistles 120hz etc etc..

0 Likes
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  Kevinnaick 

Samsung is aware of the issues regarding the software of the S21 series device, they will be releasing a new software update soon to fix these bugs. Please keep checking your device for software update notifications. 

0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you Maps, finally some hope for us here...

We just want what was promised and nothing more nor less and some accountability which is a great start.

Thank you, I check on the daily for that update.