Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra blurry camera issue

(Topic created on: 04-02-2022 12:11 PM)
Faizan14322
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

This is my first reported issue:

I am having this issue for the second time with s21 ultra camera, let me tell you all this happened with my old s21 ultra device as well and this is my second s21 ultra from my relative.

Issue:

Camera app blurry from 1X to 2.9X 

however everything works fine before 1X zoom 

And from 3X zoom everything is clear I have attached screenshots as well for your reference

I have seen many of the user have reported this issue hardware issue is not a problem according to me, howcome every s21 ultra user is reporting the same issue then

SAMSUNG SHOULD FIX THIS ISSUE💔

Via update as soon as possible

I have tried everything earlier also and now also 

Steps performed :

Camera app clear data
Reset camera setting
Resetted the whole phone as well
Cleaned the lenses with microfiber cloth

Still issue persists😶

Please see the screenshots attached you will be able to understand, kindly comment in the comment box if you're also facing the same issue with your s21 ultra device.

Thank you.
83 Comments
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
The problem is with the main lens (108 MP). Anything less than 1x uses the ultrawide lens and anything over 3x used the telephoto/ periscope lenses. All these are working fine on your device.

It is is main camera that is using digital zoom for zoom upto 2.9x and it is what is causing the blur. I think this is a software issue that can be fixed using an update because this is digital zoom, and not optical zoom.

EDIT: I see that even at 1x, the viewfinder is blurry. Are the images just as blurry post processing?
Faizan14322
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes ranging from 1X to 2.9X everything is blurry, and sometimes works fine like a miracle
Giles Corey
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

And how it ended? Did you fix this problem with blured camera?

0 Likes
ghanist_patel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

please provide a solution if any one has it because i am facing the same issue

SkunkEboss
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Me too

Ishan3369
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Not miracle.. if you keep repeating the process to switch the camera to front and then again rear for 2 3 times. 1x works fine.. and if you close the app and reopen.. repeat the process again
0 Likes
Faizan14322
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
And this happen for all third party app as well like instagram whatsapp or snapchat etc...something is wrong with phones software itself for camera
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
If it is happening with all apps, then it is quite concerning, unless those apps are using Samsung's own post-processing. Have you tried a different camera app like GCam?
0 Likes
Faizan14322
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No I haven't used Gcam so far
0 Likes