Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Water Damage

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 06:33 PM)
Anju101
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I just put my galaxy s10 in pool water. Just about 2 cm s down for about 30 seconds to take some photos. And the phone worked fine for about and hour. And after that display started malfunctioning. I didn't take it seriously because #SAMSUNG MOBILES assures that this phone is ip68 water ressisstant. But after a while my display stopped working. Lol IP68. My phone is exactly a year and a month old so theres no warranty now. I gave the 5n to a mechanic to remove water and he said there was so much water inside. Now it costs about 400USD. That abt 4/3rd of the current market value. My phone does not have a single scratch on sides or the display. The problem was totally internal. What can i do but thank samsung for their water ressistivity...

3 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi, You have misunderstood the term water resistance. Even though the device is IP68 rated, water damage won't be covered under warranty. No manufacturer is offering warranty for water damage for an IP68 rated device.

Water resistance for a mobile device is made possible through many steps.
1. Water resistant metal mesh around opening like mic, speaker etc.
2. Rubber washers around openings like charging port, speaker grill, volume button etc.
3. Water resistant glue around the back panel and display.

Trust me, Galaxy S10 is a device which survived lots of underwater tests by different youtubers and tech experts.

Either due to the way that we use the device or due wear and tear , some of these protective methods will fail, resulting in liquid entry into the device.

I have with me a note 9 and note 20 ultra. I have washed my note 9 with soap and water twice and never faced and issue(I don't recommend washing the device though).

Never submerge your device in water thinking that its IP68. It's just an industrial standard for ingress protection. It's not a criteria to get warranty for a water damaged device.
0 Likes
Anju101
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi. I am not asking for a compensation or anything. My phone is only a year old and i have never put it in water before. I am very careful when using my devices i am not a heavy or careless user. There isnt a scratch on the phone. What I'm telling is when i have used my phone so carefully and after just a year when i put it in water it breaks down. I'm dissapointed with #galaxy quality and reliability. There may be many phones thaat survives accidents like this but a brand should maintain a standard quality in all of their devices.
0 Likes
_fahad64_
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro Ip68 water resistant doesn't mean it's waterproof water resistant gives you a limit for how much time you can keep your device submerged in water and it also depends on the nature of the water and depth. It goes for all the smartphones in the market
0 Likes