Original topic:

Facing Problem with Dual Messanger (Whatsapp Clone)

(Topic created on: 06-19-2021 07:26 PM)
Lovleen7776
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Galaxy S10 with Android 11.
 I used Dual Messenger feature and installed a second Whatsapp in my phone.
 But I started facing a problem with it. The data of cloned whatsapp isn't showing up neither in My Files app nor in any other File Manager.
 I am not able to see my PDFs and other important documents and photos.

I am struggling by sending the files onto my other Whatsapp no. and then download file (Download button shows up while I am sending it in same device) and then it opens.

Please help me if anyone here knows the solution for it......
4 Comments
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yes, everyone will face the same issue with whatsapp dual messenger. This is because of the recent policy changes implemented Samsung and WhatsApp. There isn't exactly any solution.
But to eliminate your problem, do the following steps:

1. Open your cloned whatsapp account->settings->chats->chat backup.
Backup all your messages, photos, videos, docs on your device and your google drive.
Ensure that you remember the credentials of your google account that you're using as backup.

2. Next,open play store and download whatsapp business. Install, add your dual whatsapp phone number, verify your otp. You will get a prompt asking whether you want to restore your content from backup. Select your google account and all your content will be restored on your account after sometime depending upon the size of the backup taken.

3. Lastly, go to settings and disable the option of dual messenger.

Moreover, for viewing images, videos etc. in MyFiles app, go to file manager->Internal storage->Android->media->com.whatsapp
And for wapp business , the file is com.whatsapp.w4b
0 Likes
Flipflops
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Take backup, Install Whatsapp business with the WhatsApp Dual Number and restore the Backup Data.
Later disable the Dual Whatsapp ! 🌟
0 Likes
Samsung_Support5
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Lovleen7776
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
How can I attach the error log file? Where I find it?
0 Likes