Original topic:

Exynos 9820, a game changer

(Topic created on: 01-03-2019 08:58 PM)
AayushKerni
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
The exynos 9820 will power the upcoming flagship phones of samsung like S10 and Note 10. They are made on the 8nm finfet technology of Qualcomm and will have 4 cortex A55 power efficient cores, 2 custom higher powered cores and 2 cortex A75 based cores. What they have different from the previous processor is the neural processing unit which will help in doin Ai tasks. Single core performance is now 20% improved and multicore performance by 40%. It eill now be able to encode and decode videos at 8K@30fps. Download speeds are also improved as it can now download files at 2Gbps. In my opinion it is a very powerful processor and can even beat Qualcomm SD 855 and we will now finally be able to play PUBG without any lag 😂. Some versions of this processor will also support 5G. What do you think how will this processor help us in daily life ? Lets discuss in the comments!
4123a126-a0ee-4216-b32c-1f73c8b54303.jpg

0 Likes
12 Comments
Aadhi5712
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yes definitly, but some sources says it dont really shoot in 8k because no screen is in 8k. but it will improve the capture of 4k drastically. may be a 120fps in 4k
0 Likes
AayushKerni
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
ya you are right because for shooting 8K footage you require a minimum of 33.2mp camera, which frankly i dont think Samsung will provide in S10 and 4K@120fps is already supported in exynos 9810 but it is locked down because the Qualcomm variants of Samsung phones dont support it so we might see native support of 4K@120fps in 9820
0 Likes
YRSS
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
👍👍
0 Likes
kumar98498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
wow..
0 Likes
Ishu1
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It won't beat Qualcomn Snapdragon in anyway because Qualcomn Snapdragon is built on 7nm technology and is more advanced.
0 Likes
AayushKerni
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
if it was only about the manufacturing process then the Huawei kirin 980 would've beat the hell outta SD845 but it marginally wins from it by just 1k points on geekbench and keeping the history between both the processors in context (exynos&Qualcomm)we can see that the exynos versions have always had better single core speeds having 1000 better score than 845 and they are more capable as the current exynos 9810 can shoot 4K@120fps but SD845 just can't
0 Likes
Ishu1
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Boss, huwaii lost not because of their cpu but for gpu. If compare them in real life(and mind that benchmarks are just numbers, they can't exactly tell the performance of your phone), it is better than sdm 845.
0 Likes
AayushKerni
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes it is better than SD 845, thats what i am also saying but the difference isn't much as it should be between two generations of processors. when we are talking about processor then it includes everything, npu, cpu,gpu isp blaming one part of it is no reason. the gpu they are using is mali g76 same as 9820 which is less powerful then adreno counterpart. One reason for low performance of kirin 980 is less cache and that too L1. ofcourse benchmarks have nothing to do with real world performance but it can be taken as a reference to compare performance. The world is not mad who runs these speed tests benchmarks and compares performance, it means something then only they do that.
0 Likes
Ishu1
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Can you judge the talents of student by only numbers? I know benchmarks have some meaning but not they represent fully real-life performance. I am not saying Benchmarks have no value but they doesn't represent the performance fully.
0 Likes