Original topic:

Edit:[FIXED] Serious battery draining on S20FE Exynos

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 09:53 AM)
vaibhavraj
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
My phone is losing battery like crazy. I get 1-2 hrs of screen on time. On 10 min call it losses 10-15% battery. And on idle also its losing battery like crazy after this security patch update. This device is just
 7-8 month old. This happens sometimes.

Update: 
Everyone including me ust bashed samsung and exynos for battery drain of S20FE exyons.
But here I found the real culprit for battery drain and that was Google Play services latest update. I uninstalled the latest version and here is the drastic improvement. Battery is not even dying even on heavy use. I will attach both screenshot please have a look.
I would say Everyone forcestop google play services,clear data and cache (this will not delete any user data)and leave beta( if you see beta) uninstall the update and restart and avoid downloading apps for downloading from play store otherwise it will re install automatically. Lets wait for the fix from google and use galaxy apps for now.

16 Comments
Ashutosh7x
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Maybe Samsung is doing it intentionally to push S20FE users into buying newer handsets.

I'm also facing battery draining issue. I get around 3hrs of SOT with battery lasting for about 24hours.
vaibhavraj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Even night mode of camera is detoriated. This phone was a beast in Dec. With very good cameras, smooth performance and decent battery. But things have become upside down after Android 12
0 Likes
Ashutosh7x
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Exactly!

In Nov and Dec this mobile was really good.
It charged within 70mins using the 25W charger and yes photos came out good.

Now there's no difference in night mode and regular mode.

I was thinking of using ODIN to flash the December firmware but it is too much of a hassle so didn't.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Same issue. My device is less than a month old and battery drains like anything.
0 Likes
vaibhavraj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I researched on my own and analyzed the device. This is happening because of Google play services. The new update is eating battery like crazy.
Galaxy S
Let's wait for a fix in the next update.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-optimise-and-extend-the-battery-life-on-...

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes