Original topic:

Charging issue in my Galaxy device.

(Topic created on: a month ago)
arbab999
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Recently I've been facing charging issue in my Galaxy S23 device. Whenever I try to charge my phone using a usb cable it shows an error of water or debris present in my usb port. I've checked there is no moisture or debris in my usb port and I've tried clearing usb cache also. Sometimes charging works without any problem but sometimes it shows an error. Lately these errors have become very frequent and has ruined my experience of Galaxy device. I've attached a screenshot of the error.

7 Comments
Saurabhnahar
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
First check it whether Your Charging cable is genuine or not

Then check Phone temperature

& Then check it whether your phone charging start or not

If you like please accept as a solution it's help to others users also,click on 3dots in my reply section and click on accept solution . Thanks.
0 Likes
arbab999
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks for your reply. I'm using genuine samsung charger and temperature of my phone is normal when I'm trying to charge my phone.
0 Likes
Saurabhnahar
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
KINDLY Switch off Your Smartphone & Try Charge your smartphone
0 Likes
Akilan_R
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Use offical samsung charge
0 Likes
arbab999
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm using official samsung charger.
0 Likes
VINEETKUMARKEDIA
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
CHARGING ISSUE CANNOT FULL CHARGE NEW ANDROID MOBILE INBUILT SOFT WARE AND PLAY STORE APP ONLY
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, kindly perform the following steps to resolve your Galaxy device moisture issue.

Devices with a waterproof rating of IP68 and above (most of the Galaxy series) are equipped with a moisture detection sensor to prevent water damage to the device. If moisture is detected in the USB port, an error message will be displayed and charging will stop.

In this case, unplug your device from the charger, then wipe with a dry cloth or gently shake your device (5-10 times) with the port facing downwards to release any excess moisture. Place your phone on a cloth in a well-ventilated area, or dry it with a fan.

Does your device display the water drop icon even though it is completely dry and free of moisture?
If you experience issues with charging even after drying your device, try clearing your USB cache. This should resolve your system error.
Settings> Apps> Filter and Sort> Move the switch to the right to enable Show system apps> OK> USB Settings and Storage> Clear cache located on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen to clear your USB cache.

You can reset your device by following the steps from the below link.
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs, please visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes