Original topic:

Change region

(Topic created on: 12-07-2020 12:59 AM)
IsaacSamPaul
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, i bought my phone in oman, in about phone it says UAE. but now i have shifted back to india and my samsung pay and everything is still showing UAE. How to change my region to india. My model no is SM-G986B.
14 Comments
Kinshuk05
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I don't think that's possible. Because your device was bought from UAE, the model, IMEI number, Software info is all hard coded with UAE.
I do think of a solution but this might brick your device hence I wouldn't recommend it.
You can flash India's software update for your model using odin. This might make you device to show as India. Do this at your own risk.
IsaacSamPaul
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i dont think they have that model in india. I can find only firmware for other european countries for this model number.
iammda9304
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
do you facing issue with the store because of region, if yes so you can change it within the play store so you can have indian region play store, i also bought my mob in UAE then when i came back to India so i face issue to download the app from play store so i change the region in play store setting.

Then i am able to download the application.

if this is the same issue you have so you can change it in play store click on menu icon three line then goto account there you will find the region option.
0 Likes
IsaacSamPaul
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
no, play store is fine for me. Even samsung store is also working good. the issue is with samsung pay. I am not able to change my region on it.
0 Likes
Pervez709
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
its not possible to update Samsung pay from one country to another country as its framework is specific to that particular country from where you bought the phones
IsaacSamPaul
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
oh, thats bad 😥
0 Likes
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Reset the phone and put Indian sim, haven't tried it but this is how it works in Google to change region
0 Likes
IsaacSamPaul
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i will give it a try and see
0 Likes
Furious
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It won't work.
0 Likes