Original topic:

Cannot unlock phone using fingerprint sensor if phone locked by app

(Topic created on: 11-10-2017 01:31 AM)
ads295
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello all
I just bought a Galaxy S7 and the device works great.
However, I use an app called "Screen Off and Lock" to lock the device, as I don't want to use the power button everytime.
when I use this app to lock the screen, I cannot use the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone due to "security policy". I have to use the PIN to unlock every time.
However if I use the power button to lock the phone it can be unlocked with the fingerprint sensor.

How can I use the sensor as well as the app together? I don't like locking the phone with the power switch.

Regards

Aditya T
0 Likes
10 Comments
Addyzaccount
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What does the app do?

Btw, is the T for Thakur?
0 Likes
ads295
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's a soft button on the screen that puts the phone in sleep. And no, not Thakur.
0 Likes
Addyzaccount
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Alright, so there is this security policy which doesn't allow 3rd party apps to instantly lock the screen and let fingerprint sensor work. It is either one or another.

There are 2 solutions to this problem.

Ask the developer to add a delay between screen off and screen lock. "Double Tap to sleep" app developer has implemented this nicely. You may use this app instead.

Or you may use the assistant menu from settings>dexterity and interaction or softkey edge panel which lock the screen instantly with working fingerprint sensor.
ads295
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Interesting. My app does allow for a delay but I never knew it had to do with this. Let me experiment and see what works.
0 Likes
Addyzaccount
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
any luck bro?
0 Likes
ads295
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I tried delaying the locking from the app but it had no effect.
Could you elaborate on the second solution, I didn't quite understand what you're trying to say...
0 Likes
Addyzaccount
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Okay, follow any one of the following points. (or try 'em all and keep what you like.)

1. Use "Double Tap to Sleep" app. Ask me for link if you are interested.

2. Download and use "Softkey Edge Panel". It is free.

3. Go to Settings and search for "Assistant Menu" in search bar. Open it and set it up as per your convenience.

Both this menu and softkey edge has screen lock option that you need.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Had the same issue.... i think there is no solution to this ... let us see if anyone can help..
0 Likes
Addyzaccount
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
read my comment above
0 Likes