Original topic:

Camera and heating issues after UI 3.1 upgrade on S20 Plus

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 01:10 PM)
ajaykundu
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I updated my S20 plus to UI 3.1, I am noticing the photos from the camera are overexposed whenever I use flash. This started happening after the update. All the pics I take with the flash on are just white. Hoping this gets corrected in next update. Also the phone turns into a heater just within a couple of minutes of using the camera making it uncomfortable to hold or use. Heating has always been a problem with this device. It causes the phone to slow and also impacts the charging. The phone pauses the charging as soon as the temperature goes beyond 40 Deg C. During summers the idle temperature is around 35-38 Deg C making the phone overheat as soon as you plug in the charger and pause the charging. 
3 Comments
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Its clearly your unit issue. Not facing any heating issue while using camera app. Only while capturing 4K and 8K recording which is normal. It used to warm up a bit before, but got fixed for me after Jan update. Something is fckd up your side or unit. Warm up while charging device is normal Samsung has already confirmed . Camera issue he is the solution. Clear cache and storage or camera app. It should fix the camera issues. Next is phone is always cool in normal usage. Only it warms up when you use it outdoors in direct sunlight thats normal again. Update has improved lot of things. Prolly you facing issues coz you updated using ota update. Note this if you have access to a lappy or pc, update these big updates using smart switch which is an ideal one compared to ota. Ota is a bit fckd up coz Samsung not using dynamic AB. The day i started using smart switch, i am feeling builds have become more stabler
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
as of now do these steps for over all improvement but if still you face issues then better to visit service centre instead of waiting next update

A. Wipe Cache Partition.

Steps to perform.

1) Turn off the device.

(Connect with type C cable and connect with pc/laptop or type c earphone only for Android 11 )
...........OR.......
IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER MOBILE THEN CONNECT WITH CABLE WHETHER IT IS TYPE C TO TYPE C OR MICRO USB PORT take help of otg connector to connect with other mobile.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the spower button.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
6) Press the Power key to restart the device.

B. Reset App Preferences.
Settings >Apps> Tap on Top Right 3Dots and select Reset App preferences.

C. Go to settings >general Management >reset>reset settings.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes