Original topic:

BENCHMARK SCORE DROP on S20 FE

(Topic created on: 03-28-2021 09:11 PM)
Kai08
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S20 FE 5G (snapdragon) when purchased had about 870-900 single core score and about 3000 multi core score, while running ONEUI 2.5

Now on ONEUI 3.1 and see benchmark score of 550ish for single core!
That was the score of a flagship phone from 2017! 
Please address this asap Samsung, this is really a HUGE drop on performance. 

I did not pay the price for this type of performance!

Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Did I say anything about benchmark scores and stuff? And its true to some extent that those are just numbers. Benchmarks scores are relevant mostly in case of PCs. I just asked him, maybe stay out of this :)
0 Likes
rojon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Did I tell you talked about benchmarks ? No right...I am just saying. Take it easy dude but I guess you didn't believe in benchmarks in the past.

And bro I have an S series phone so this forum is very relevant to me and have experienced the same downgrading of performance with updates.
0 Likes
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, there definitely is occasional noticeable lags/stutter while scrolling, opening apps etc.

Most noticeable is scrolling down through a long list of noticifications...it feels like riding through a dirt road.

Due to poor UI optimisation the phone doesn't feel smooth or like its really 120hz
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Okay, so the next time when an update comes, update via Smart switch PC, I am sure you will get better results. For now, you can try and clear thr cache partition of your device.
0 Likes
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Already did complete system factory reset after one ui 3.1 update
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That won't help too much.
0 Likes
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
A factory reset also wipes cache partition
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
These scores don't matter
Do you feel any performance drop in your daily usage??
One ui 3.1 is approx 2GB lighter that one ui 2.5
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, there definitely is occasional noticeable lags/stutter while scrolling, opening apps etc.

Most noticeable is scrolling down through a long list of noticifications...it feels like riding through a dirt road.

Due to poor UI optimisation the phone doesn't feel smooth or like its really 120hz
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's because of exynos 990
The exynos 990 was the major drawback of 2020 for Samsung
But exynos 2100 is impressive
I think slowly with further updates, issues will be fixed
Keep sending error reports to Samsung
0 Likes