Original topic:

App Lock

(Topic created on: 03-16-2018 02:46 AM)
GouravCool
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi I bought Samsung s9+ and m new to Samsung family. It have got fantastic features I am happy for joining Samsung family.

The only part am missing is app lock. I know about secure folder. I don't wanna hide app just want to lock it.

when I saw YouTube videos found lock and mask feature was available but seems they have taken it out for some reason

can you please help me some good apps or if any inbuilt feature is available.

thank you
0 Likes
10 Comments
vinayshah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
you have an option to add app protected by secure folder on home screen. simply goto secure folder click on manage app then select shortcut to home screen. that's it.
0 Likes
GalaxyTeam
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Indian S9/S9+ Telegram Group, Join Us (150+ Members)

https://t.me/joinchat/DvvVrkv68Wpn_5EYh-lJSw36f77f05-9aea-431a-b877-c8604193ae76.jpg
84e1225e-fded-4010-a0c0-7098e4733a88.jpg
0 Likes
GouravCool
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
do not have option of manage app in s9+. I have added app to secure folder. each time have to login to secure folder and access WhatsApp
0 Likes
vinayshah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
by default the icon will be added to the last home screen.
0 Likes
GouravCool
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have to move WhatsApp under secure folder which I don't want. Any app lock feature by inbuilt would be great which uses face recognition and fingerprint
0 Likes
macblog
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
forget app lock, samsung not going to give you this simple feature. download alternative from playstore.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Welcome to the Samsung members and congratulation for your new Samsung device. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community and for taking time to write us. We have taken your feedback regarding app lock and will be forwarded to the dedicated team. Any update in this regards will be conveyed to you via various means of communication.

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you. For Further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/
0 Likes
macblog
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Many people requested this app lock feature but every time samsung support team give same reply that they sent feedback to dedicated team. Is your dedicated team sleeping?. I m really despointed by samsung. they are not able to fullfill small feature request by thousands of customers.

I seen people requesting this feature from last few years and your dedicated team not even listening them. Not only app lock, your camera app showing all the images from galary , including whatsapp images. This one bug not fixed by samsung. I made mistake by picking up Samsung device. I learn lesson....
0 Likes
GouravCool
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh gosh, would red this review earlier. I was happy to join Samsung family leaving one plus family. They are great on feedbacks, it's not a matter of how big feature is it matter how you take care
0 Likes