Original topic:

5G Network in S20fe 5G

(Topic created on: 12-30-2022 07:46 AM)
pkkamaliya
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Basically samsung has not provided an update to enable SA 5G bands. The update (one ui 5) was only for NSA bands. Hence, Stand Alone(SA) 5G network (Mostly Jio) won't support in the device as of now. 

In that case, sim change trick might work. Put sim in other device in which 5g works, go to my jio app and enable for true 5g. Then put back sim to your s20fe5G.

The problem is at Samsung end, not a Jio issue. 

Do tweet and mail Samsung officials to provide an update with support of SA 5G bands.

Do mail directly to Samsung Higher authorities, don't mail to customer care. As no. of mails reaching to higher authorities, they might do something for fast update.
22 Comments
Sajin2022
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I purchased Samsung S20 FE 5G one month back just because it was supposed to support 5G. I really feel Samsung has bluffed their valuable customers with this bogus claim. I went to Samsung Service center in Kochi and a service personal (named Akhil) rejected to accept my phone, saying that the problem would be with the provider. Then he told me to wait for next update. Actually, I updated my phone last night and still 5G is not working. My other phone One+ Nord2 CE was simply upgraded the network to 5G automatically. I neither know whether Samsung would fix this issue in the next future, nor we need to throw this away to go for another. Losing the trust in Samsung.

0 Likes
pkkamaliya
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Basically samsung has not provided an update to enable SA 5G bands. The update (one ui 5) was only for NSA bands. Hence, Stand Alone(SA) 5G network (Mostly Jio) won't support in the device as of now. 

In that case, sim change trick might work.
Put sim in other device in which 5g works.

Go to my jio app there and enable for true 5g.

After succeful upgrading, put back sim to your s20fe5G.
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. To resolve your device network issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-optimise-network-...

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes